PDA

View Full Version : Forum change - "Quick reply" option gone?

Bikie John
7th September 2015, 08:54 AM
The forum seems to be behaving slightly differently for me this morning. The "Quick reply" option at the bottom of a post has disappeared. No big problem, but a minor nuisance.

Is it the same for everybody? Has there been a change to the forum software? If so is it a bug or a feature?

Just curious ... John

Zuiko
7th September 2015, 09:03 AM
I'm using "Quick Reply" now.

Naughty Nigel
7th September 2015, 09:30 AM
No change for me. Quick reply used.

Shaw
7th September 2015, 09:30 AM
I used "Quick Reply" about an hour ago.

Otto
7th September 2015, 09:59 AM
I just used it myself - just before reading this thread!

Bikie John
7th September 2015, 10:45 AM
Thanks for your feedback.

I think I've tracked it down - it turns out that the Quick Reply panel has a twister to expand or collapse it. I hadn't noticed this as the panel had always been there but it looks as though I had some recent fat finger trouble and collapsed it. It's back now and I will try and remember not to do it again!

Thanks again, sorry to have disturbed you ... John

DerekW
7th September 2015, 11:44 AM
Ah yes -

the little circle with two upward pointing arrows to the right of the Quick Reply panel

Bikie John
7th September 2015, 12:41 PM
That's the one. Click on it and the panel disappears and the arrows point downwards, although the header line is still there. I just failed to see it because I was expecting the big white text box.

Put it down to age, I have just got my Old Farts' Rail Card. Sadly the free bus pass is receding over the horizon faster than I am approaching it.

John

Otto
7th September 2015, 04:32 PM
the little circle with two upward pointing arrows to the right of the Quick Reply panel

Hmm, I don't seem to have one of those in the Quick Reply panel although they appear in some others, e.g. "additional options".