PDA

View Full Version : Quality printer

shirley
2nd December 2008, 02:20 PM
Hi,
This may well have been asked before, apologies if it has.
Somebody has just been on my website and has asked if they can buy one of my photographs. I am not set up to sell but this is an opportunity not to miss and I am thrilled to bits!
I do not have an A3 printer so if they require anything bigger than A4 I will have to use online printer. Does anybody know of a good printer which they have used? I have used Photobox in the past but quality has sometimes been a bit 'iffy' (good technical word there!)
Thanks in advance for your help.
Shirley

snaarman
2nd December 2008, 05:07 PM
I asked a similar question back in the summer and got quite a few interesting responses.. Here is the thread

Pete

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2046

sapper
2nd December 2008, 05:41 PM
I have used Photobox and if there has been a problem they have redone the order, twice in one case.
Nice meeting you at the exhibition.
PS. what photo did they want?

shirley
2nd December 2008, 06:35 PM
Thanks Pete, I am slowly working through the list of companies.

It was also very nice to meet you Dave, I really enjoyed our chat and meeting your wife, she is a lovely lady. I think she could make a photographer yet - she really liked the 510 ;)

The picture wanted is the Whitstable Beach Huts - its in my L panel.

As far as I can see the advantage and disadvantage of using Photobox is that they will deal with printing and P&P without me having to worry about it, the problem is that I have no quality control. I suppose I could get it delivered to me and forward it when I am happy, but that rather defeats the object of using a service that will do it all for you.

Shirley

donmcmahan
7th December 2008, 08:09 PM
have you found somewhere to print your photo yet? ``i looked at it and it is lovely, if you contact me off forum at don@donmcmahan.com i believe i can help

shirley
7th December 2008, 09:04 PM
Hi Don,
Thank you. The lady decided to go for a 7X5 inch so it was easy for me to print myself. I had an email from her today to say how pleased she was with the result.
I have had some other enquiries today but I am not sure if they will come to anything or what size they would want.
Shirley

sapper
7th December 2008, 09:37 PM
Brill!! I am so jealous :-)
You missed a good day at Donna Nook.

shirley
7th December 2008, 09:43 PM
Hi Dave,
Yes I would have loved to have been there but I have other commitments on a Sunday and I have been away for the last two weeks, so I really couldnt be away again.
I am looking forward to seeing some more pictures, those big eyes are irresistable (the seals big eyes I mean:D). I might try and go there myself sometime.
Shirley