PDA

View Full Version : Quo Vadis Ian?

tom
20th December 2007, 08:44 PM
Possibly I've missed the thread which explains where he is (if so, sorry!), but I'm getting a bit worried about Ian. Hope he's OK.

Maybe he's done a runner with UK E-system user group funds (in which case he won't get far:rolleyes:), or perhaps he's waiting to see how long it takes for the group to degenerate into chaos and anarchy in his absence (in which case he won't have to wait long:D)

Tom

Barr1e
20th December 2007, 09:08 PM
Possibly I've missed the thread which explains where he is (if so, sorry!), but I'm getting a bit worried about Ian. Hope he's OK.

Maybe he's done a runner with UK E-system user group funds (in which case he won't get far:rolleyes:), or perhaps he's waiting to see how long it takes for the group to degenerate into chaos and anarchy in his absence (in which case he won't have to wait long:D)

Tom

Wherever he is (lunches, meetings, an all too brief vacation even more goodies) like you I hope he and the family are well.

Regards. Barr1e

theMusicMan
20th December 2007, 10:53 PM
I too am starting to get a little concerned about Ian.

Hey Ian or Julia - if you see this... just make a quick 'we are OK' post yeah!

Hope you are both OK - from all of us here and on FTU

beardedwombat
20th December 2007, 10:58 PM
I'm hoping he has taken a couple of days off to do some Christmas shopping. Of course he may be attending a very long office party! If so I hope he's taking some pics;)
Chris

veggiesosage
21st December 2007, 12:34 AM
Ian is still alive. I pm'd him earlier in the week to thank him for sorting out my V+A goodie bag and he replied today.

Scapula Memory
21st December 2007, 06:48 AM
Aah...so he is out delivering Xmas batteries!:)

PeterD
21st December 2007, 09:17 AM
Aah...so he is out delivering Xmas batteries!:)

And making the Olympus elves work harder on producing the backpacks!

PeterD

tom
21st December 2007, 04:09 PM
And making the Olympus elves work harder on producing the backpacks!

PeterD

...or he's read the punchline from the AP E3 test that we saw a teaser of on the FTU. And he's busy setting up a Nikon UK User Group:eek::eek::eek:

Ian
21st December 2007, 08:54 PM
Aaah! I'm really touched. I thought I could escape detection :D

It's been one of those weeks - been grappling with IT problems both at home and the office and have been a bit under the weather. Also most of the people I'm in regular contact with through work are off until the new year now - so this kind of rubbed off on me I think!

Well, you're all such a well-behaved bunch, no worries about leaving you 'unsupervised' :eek:

I do need some assistance as I have a lot of other responsibilities and I'm pleased to reveal that an announcement with regard to this is imminent. I won't say more now as the individual concerned hasn't been warned - but he knows who he is...

But I'll certainly be looking in most days - much the same as before, so please don't read into this in any negative way; just I can't be around all the time.

Ian

Barr1e
21st December 2007, 09:13 PM
Pleased you are feeling better Ian and Anne and I hope you are over the IT irritations.

Regards. Barr1e

Ian
21st December 2007, 09:26 PM
Pleased you are feeling better Ian and Anne and I hope you are over the IT irritations.

Regards. Barr1e

Thanks Barr1e.

Am now off for some late night supermarket shopping - might convince myself to buy a goose for Christmas dinner :)

Ian

theMusicMan
21st December 2007, 09:29 PM
Thanks Barr1e.

Am now off for some late night supermarket shopping - might convince myself to buy a goose for Christmas dinner :)

IanWell if it's any consolation Ian, Jen and I went out last night to a local Asda store expecting heaps of people and many empty shelves. We found quite the opposite to be honest... very few people in the store and loads of stock on the shelves, which was also in the process of being re-stocked for the night shift.

Quite a pleasurable experience compared to previous Christmas food shopping outings.