PDA

View Full Version : Two weeks on

Petanque
23rd August 2015, 07:52 AM
I have been using my E-PL5 for just over two weeks now, it is taking a little time to get used to handling it and setting it up to my preferences. It is very small, which was one reason I decided to buy it, however the ergonomics in terms of handling take some getting used to. I am using it with my Lumix 14-42 mkii at the moment but am seriously considering the Olympus 17mm 2.8 which seems to be a better lens than some reviews would have you believe. That will make it a very compact, almost pocketable package, certainly perfect for my cycle bar bag. The differences in image quality compared to my Lumix G3 are quite small, yet significant in terms of colour depth and DR, sounds like a contridiction I know but at this early stage that is how I see it. I will post some pictures in the future but it appears I need 'flash' to post pictures from my ipad which does nt support this.
Any thoughts on the Olympus 17mm 2.8 would be appreciated
Thanks
Gary

Graham_of_Rainham
23rd August 2015, 08:12 AM
I had an EPL-5 for a while and really liked it. I only swapped it for a E-P5 to get the WiFi and wheel controls.

IainMacD
23rd August 2015, 10:14 AM
It's worth considering the Lumix 20mm if your budget reaches that far, it is a great lens and about the same size as the Only 17mm

Petanque
24th August 2015, 07:56 AM
It's worth considering the Lumix 20mm if your budget reaches that far, it is a great lens and about the same size as the Only 17mm
Hi Iain, thanks for the info, I have been seriously considering the lumix 20mm however after reading some very favourable opinions on the Olympus ( in amongst the poor reviews) I thought it might be worth a try. It is considerably cheaper and I have had many Lumix lenses but never Olympus so I have decided to try one.
Thank you again for your reply.
Regards
Gary