PDA

View Full Version : Olympus studio

yorky
13th November 2007, 12:56 PM
I was wondering how many actually have Olympus studio and what are the benefits over Master 2 and Elements 5 or 6. also How much is this programme?

Ian
13th November 2007, 01:14 PM
I was wondering how many actually have Olympus studio and what are the benefits over Master 2 and Elements 5 or 6. also How much is this programme?

The latest versions of Studio and Master are outwardly very similar. Studio 2.x is an extension of Master, with more RAW development tools, plus camera control functionality.

Studio and Master are quite good for making basic image quality adjustments - I'd even say that although Studio has fewer tools than Adobe Lightroom, it produces more refined results.

However, Neither Studio nor Master have the in-depth layers-based image manipulation functionality of Photoshop - even the cut down Elements versions.

Ian

yorky
13th November 2007, 02:07 PM
Thanks Ian, I tried the lightroom earlier,it seemed complicated to me even after CS2 so I bought elements 6 which seeems to do mos things for me.

Scapula Memory
28th November 2007, 08:45 AM
Hi Yorky,

I use Studio 2 for most of my PP as it integrates well with my E1. More features than Master and a straight forward easy to implement RAW conversion. It can do software and firmware updates as well. I like it for the ease of use it does not seem over baffling, but is much better featured than master. If I need any more trickery done then I use elements, but more often than not Studio does what I need it to do. It has a good batch processing feature and a lightbox comparison area which is useful to me. I think it is the fact that the terminology you see in the camera is seen in Studio as it is in Master so it all seems familiar. I paid 102 Euros for it, about 72. Activated by key download.

HTH

John

dlinney
20th December 2007, 03:08 PM
I have found Olympus Studio to be generally very easy to use and a nice program except for one thing which completely spoils it for me and that is that it is just so slow. I know Lightroom in its beta versions was slow but in its production versions is a lot faster than Oly Studio.:(

Scapula Memory
20th December 2007, 04:59 PM
Derek, I would agree with you about Studio being slow. I think anyone with a vast amount of images to get through probably would be better off with LR, or something like maybe Bibble. I`m getting on fine with Studio but then again my workflow is fairly small.

regards

John.

nad
28th December 2007, 09:08 PM
'allo 'allo

Do you know if ther is a munual for Studio 2??? I found one somewhere for version 1, but haven't found for version 2.

I'm a bit old fashion and like to get an overview from a manual:-(((

niels

Scapula Memory
28th December 2007, 10:48 PM
Niels,

Not actually seen a manual for Studio or Master, maybe someone else can point you in the right direction, though both programs come with help files that explain all the functions. Is there something in particular you need to know?

regards

John.

nad
29th December 2007, 01:20 PM
John

Well, maybe it's just a tutorial i need. Something to give an overview...

I found a 300 page manual for Studio 1.

niels

Scapula Memory
29th December 2007, 02:06 PM
Niels,

I agree, it would be useful to have a paper manual or in the least an overview, if you do find one let me know where :)

regards

John

nad
29th December 2007, 04:32 PM
John

I will but haven't found anyting so far except this from 4/3Photo:

http://www.fourthirdsphoto.com/blog/?cat=14

Maybe there's a possibility within Studio 2 to print the help files. I have to check that, but it's installed on my other PC.

niels

Scapula Memory
29th December 2007, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the link Niels, interesting stuff!

cheers

John.