PDA

View Full Version : OS Photo Fit Competition - anyone enter?

NickT
13th August 2015, 07:53 PM
Has anyone else entered the Ordnance Survey photo fit competition? The chance to get one of your photo's on the legendary OS maps - https://os.uk/photofit/

I found out this week that I've managed to win the OS 167 map cover! Good old E520 :)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/osmapping/18166640746/in/album-72157649182501294/

al_kaholik
13th August 2015, 09:58 PM
Well done! That's a great honour to have won.

JohnGG
13th August 2015, 10:32 PM
Congratulations! That's a cracking good image *yes

Cheers,

JohnGG

MarkG
14th August 2015, 12:02 AM
Isn't this the competition where OS 'win' your photo ?

NickT
14th August 2015, 10:09 AM
Isn't this the competition where OS 'win' your photo ?

And you're immortalised in print - I'll take that. :)

MarkG
14th August 2015, 10:35 AM
I can't remember where I read it, either here on mu-43.com, but someone pointed out that there was only one real 'prize' and all other entries would then belong to the Ordnance Survey for them to do with what they like.

Of course there is the prestige of being on the front of the map, but they could for instance do calendars or posters or books all with your photo and you get nothing but a credit.

Zuiko
14th August 2015, 12:33 PM
I can't remember where I read it, either here on mu-43.com, but someone pointed out that there was only one real 'prize' and all other entries would then belong to the Ordnance Survey for them to do with what they like.

Of course there is the prestige of being on the front of the map, but they could for instance do calendars or posters or books all with your photo and you get nothing but a credit.

Good point, Mark, and an unfortunate sign of the times regarding appropriate payment to photographers. However, I would not take anything away from Nick, it is still a cracking good photograph and very satisfying to have it on the cover of an OS map. I suspect that many would gladly settle for that. :)

NickT
14th August 2015, 02:36 PM
Cheer up, it's not as bad as you think :)
Here's the appropriate line from the T&C:
"For the avoidance of doubt, no fees will be payable for any use of your photo(s) in connection with this Competition. In the event that we would like to use your photo for any other purpose we will contact you to discuss terms of use. "

Zuiko
14th August 2015, 07:00 PM
Cheer up, it's not as bad as you think :)
Here's the appropriate line from the T&C:
"For the avoidance of doubt, no fees will be payable for any use of your photo(s) in connection with this Competition. In the event that we would like to use your photo for any other purpose we will contact you to discuss terms of use. "

That sounds a lot better. :)