PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Petanque
4th August 2015, 07:04 AM
Hi, I am new to this forum. Having owned Lumix system cameras for many years I have decided to try Olympus. I have bought the E-PL5 and intend using it with my Lumix 14-42 and Sigma 30mm 2.8. It will be interesting to compare results with my G3.
A couple of questions, should I turn off the in camera IS or can I disable the lens IS in camera?
Also, I have been considering changing my Sigma for the Lumix 20mm 1.7, any thoughts from owners who use this lens/ camera combination.
Thanks, looking forward to reading the many interesting posts on what seems to be a professionally run site.
Gary.

Tordan58
4th August 2015, 08:05 AM
Hi Gary

I don't have the E-PL5 however on the E-M1 and E-M5 there is a setting in the menu C where you can set IS priority, camera or lens. I think default is lens (provided the lens has IS).

Menu -> C -> Lens IS priority -> On/Off

I am 99% certain the menu system is same for the E-PL5.

/Tord

Petanque
4th August 2015, 10:26 AM
Hi Tord, thank you for your helpful reply, I am so used to Lumix menus I am finding the E-PL5 menus a little challenging. Thanks again, Gary

Ross the fiddler
4th August 2015, 11:29 AM
Hi Gary

I don't have the E-PL5 however on the E-M1 and E-M5 there is a setting in the menu C where you can set IS priority, camera or lens. I think default is lens (provided the lens has IS).

Menu -> C -> Lens IS priority -> On/Off

I am 99% certain the menu system is same for the E-PL5.

/Tord

Yes it is the same in the E-PL5 (I'm one of those that have saved most of the manuals, just because I can). Page 73 in the E-PL5 manual describes it.

Zuiko
4th August 2015, 07:33 PM
Hi Gary and welcome to the forum. *chr