PDA

View Full Version : Confusion over My Mode

StephenL
29th November 2008, 12:21 PM
I'm gradually getting into my new E-3, and enjoying the differences over my E-520. However, I am slightly puzzled over one thing. I have a number of settings preset into "My Mode 1". When I am out shooting I might, for instance, change the ISO from this preset. However, if I power the camera down then back on, I find the camera has reset to "My Mode 1" settings. Is this correct behaviour?

Wreckdiver
29th November 2008, 12:59 PM
I'm gradually getting into my new E-3, and enjoying the differences over my E-520. However, I am slightly puzzled over one thing. I have a number of settings preset into "My Mode 1". When I am out shooting I might, for instance, change the ISO from this preset. However, if I power the camera down then back on, I find the camera has reset to "My Mode 1" settings. Is this correct behaviour?

Sounds OK to me. I haven't tried using the My Mode settings on the E-3 but I use them extensively on my C-8080. The settings you put into My Mode will be stored in non-volatile memory, so when you power down and back up again the settings you set will be recalled. When you temporarily override one setting it will stay that way until you power down or deliberately select My Mode again.

Steve

Henk
29th November 2008, 02:26 PM
However, if I power the camera down then back on, I find the camera has reset to "My Mode 1" settings. Is this correct behaviour?

This is correct Stephen, the E-3 remembers the "My Mode" settings when you power down and then back on.

I like it the way it is implemented in the E-3 much better as in the E-510 or E-500 where you have to keep the function button pressed.

250swb
29th November 2008, 03:22 PM
Is this correct behaviour?

Yes it is, but if you want the temoprary settings to remain, like if you are on day out and are switching off every now and again, try using the Custom Reset 1 or 2 for your favourite settings instead of My Mode. At the end of the day when all your settings may be subtly changed just go to Reset 1 or 2 and your favourite options will be brought back.

Steve

StephenL
29th November 2008, 03:57 PM
Thanks - I think I've got my head round it now!