PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of selling my E1


art frames
20th December 2007, 11:30 AM
Now that I am feeling happy with the E3 I was wondering about selling off the E1. I bought it in 2006 and have used it as a hobby camera so it is in very good condition and low use. Would people be interested? and what would it be worth do you think? I don't do Ebay (no history and so forth) and would prefer to sell to an enthusiast who knows what it can and can't do. What is your advice.

thanks

Peter

dlinney
20th December 2007, 11:53 AM
E-1's have been going for a wide range of prices on eBay - I picked one up for 195 but have seen them go for 300 in the last month. The numbers on offer do appear to be increasing - presumably as a result of the E-3 shipping in quantity now.

If you don't have another E-system body I would keep the E-1 if you can afford to as its probably worth more to you as a second/back-up body than you would get selling it. But if you don't really want it I would suggest selling quickly as the price will only go down.

theMusicMan
20th December 2007, 11:57 AM
I'd be keeping hold of the E-1 Peter and have it as your backup body as Derek suggests. I am going to be keeping my E-510 (but selling the E-400) as my backup.

art frames
20th December 2007, 02:39 PM
Thank you, but I also have a E500 as backup. ;) I'd swap that for E510 if I get the chance later. The E1 is first choice to go.

Peter