http://www.43rumors.com/ft5-e-m10ii-camera/

Regards
Andy

PeterBirder
6th July 2015, 07:17 PM
I think it's just a rumour.

throt
6th July 2015, 07:38 PM
Not fair. I just got my M10, couple of weeks later Olympus made cashback campaign and now this *yo

shenstone
30th July 2015, 07:27 PM
I think it's just a rumour.

it's on there again

http://www.43rumors.com/ft5-first-leaked-pictures-of-the-new-e-m10ii-camera/

Not fair. I just got my M10, couple of weeks later Olympus made cashback campaign and now this *yo

Don't worry. This is a never ending arms race and you can never win (unless you have unlimited funds). I'm still on 4/3 kit because I invested so much that I can't contemplate thinking of changing, and that kit is better than I am ...

regards
Andy

pdk42
30th July 2015, 07:30 PM
Well, that's a surprise. I wasn't expecting a new E-M10 so quickly.

Zuiko
30th July 2015, 09:03 PM
Disappointed that it is made in Vietnam instead of a recognised quality camera manufacturing country such as China. :rolleyes:

byegad
30th July 2015, 09:37 PM
With the likelihood of no significant changes to function, I suspect I'll hang on for the EM1 MkII.

Zuiko
30th July 2015, 10:01 PM
With the likelihood of no significant changes to function, I suspect I'll hang on for the EM1 MkII.

I'm going to hang on for the E-M5 MkIII and kid myself that I might actually be able to afford it. :D

benvendetta
30th July 2015, 10:22 PM
Love the OM1/2 style on/off switch.

Ross the fiddler
31st July 2015, 12:43 AM
So what to people think of this from "that rumours site"

http://www.43rumors.com/ft5-e-m10ii-camera/

Regards
Andy

It appears that general layout is becoming more standard between the tier of models.

Love the OM1/2 style on/off switch.

Whether you like it or not, it appears that is now the chosen standard location for all the latest OM-D models & now the addition of the flash pop-up with the power switch lever is another hark back to OM models with that extended movement (being for battery check on them). Personally, the power switch on the left isn't my favourite position (nor are the top buttons on the top left with the E-M1, although they don't get accidentally pressed there) compared to that on the E410 which was nice (the E520 power switch was more awkward), but there's only so much that can be on the right & the important things are generally there now. The E-M5 power switch wasn't great either in the lower right corner which I think was more or less based on the E3, E30 & E5 models but then they were big enough for it to work well.

Anyhow, an updated design for the E-M10 will keep new purchasers interested (hopefully) although I don't think it will have a lot more to offer than the E-M10 (maybe larger EVF & electronic shutter addition perhaps), but it will be a new & current model & not a year & a half old which for some new buyers (into the system) would be less attractive when there are new models coming from other manufacturers.

IanB
31st July 2015, 04:44 AM

hold ya horses; I haven't worked out how to use the Mk1 yet

Miketoll
31st July 2015, 09:00 AM
My wild guess is it will be like the EM-5 MKII minus the sensor shift technology for high resolution images as well as a lesser version of IBIS.