PDA

View Full Version : SD Card Gb used

craig1912
16th June 2015, 08:01 PM
Searched everywhere and probably obvious but where can I see how much of the SD card capacity have I used

Thanks

mm500
16th June 2015, 08:25 PM
Put the card in your computer if it has an SD card slot. Go to "My Computer" in Windows (or the equivalent on a Mac).

Find the SD card in the list of drives.

Right click on the card, select "properties" and a dialogue box will show the percentage and capacity used and remaining.

Mal

craig1912
17th June 2015, 02:26 AM
thanks but I'm abroad and no access to a pc

al_kaholik
17th June 2015, 07:43 AM
Stick it in a camera and see how many shots it estimates till full - then take a guestimate at how many files that will be. Rough and ready but will give you an idea

ian p
17th June 2015, 08:49 AM
This is where a modern mobile device, together with a small card reader and an OTG cable would be useful when travelling.

craig1912
17th June 2015, 10:21 AM
Stick it in a camera and see how many shots it estimates till full - then take a guestimate at how many files that will be. Rough and ready but will give you an idea

Where is that info in the menu

craig1912
17th June 2015, 10:22 AM
This is where a modern mobile device, together with a small card reader and an OTG cable would be useful when travelling.

I've got my iPad with me and sd card reader - I'll check to see if that is any use

al_kaholik
17th June 2015, 11:24 AM
Usually it's displayed on screen as a number of shots remaining. Stick the record mode into jpeg only and estimate from there. Else put it in video mode and see the remaining minutes of filming. Somewhere (in the manual?) it will tell you the size of video at a given resolution per minute

bilbo
17th June 2015, 12:36 PM
See below.

This is the number of shots remaining at the currently selecting recording mode.

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/1701/screen.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/84270)

Wally
17th June 2015, 01:38 PM
Nothing to do with the SD card issue, but might prove useful nevertheless when looking to travelling light.

I have found that the Olympus ZX-1 Camera 'black box' that provides the mains power with an USB port, has so far worked for charging my mobile phone, my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet and, my Kindle Fire. Each device with the original USB cable has worked with no problems. In my case, including the camera cable, two cables, plus the box, fit neatly into a spectacle case.

I also have the benefit of being able to use a micro SD card in any camera as well as in the mobile phone and or the Samsung tablet.