PDA

View Full Version : Adaptor help needed

Doug
2nd May 2015, 02:05 PM
Hi all,
I am in need of your advice and experience again.
I have recently bought the E-PL5 and am wondering if there is an adaptor available that will allow me to use my Vivitar 70-300 lens that I have for my E-500?
E-bay and Amazon show many different adaptors that state able to use Olympus four thirds lenses on the Micro four thirds E-PL5 and I was looking for any advice on the better adaptors to use.I am looking for a reasonable price option as if it is to expensive then I would be better off just getting a fit for purpose larger zoom for the E-PL5.
Any suggestions or help will be gratefully received...:D

Graham_of_Rainham
2nd May 2015, 02:34 PM
You need an MMF-1

These are the cheapest as they are not weather-sealed, but neither is the lens or the camera.

The 3rd party ones are about 30

An original Olympus one will be 90 to 120

*chr

Doug
2nd May 2015, 03:07 PM
Thanks , Graham , I knew you guys would provide some clarity for me.*chr

greenguru
2nd May 2015, 03:50 PM
Is your Vivitar lens actually four thirds fit or does it have an adapter fitted? I would have thought it would be an OM fit with a four thirds adapter in which case you should look for a OM to micro four thirds adapter which you can get for less than ten pounds and up. I have this one and it works great:

Lens Adapter for Olympus OM Lens to Micro 4/3 M4: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/411C1aKjGCL.@@AMEPARAM@@411C1aKjGCL

The MMF is for native four thirds to micro four thirds fit.

I hope that helps.

Graham_of_Rainham
2nd May 2015, 03:50 PM
I appreciate the Vivitar may be a somewhat faster lens, but the MFT 75-300 Mk2 really can produce some excellent images:

I tried one a few months ago an was very impressed.

*chr

Doug
2nd May 2015, 04:11 PM
Green Guru - The Vivitar lens came when I bought my E-500 second hand.It does not appear to have any adaptor , it fits directly in to the E-500 so I am guessing that is a direct four thirds fit.*chr

greenguru
2nd May 2015, 04:15 PM
Then Graham's advice is the one to follow. I only jumped in because I hadn't seen a 4/3s one.

Doug
2nd May 2015, 04:20 PM
Thanks greenguru , please feel free to jump in with advice wherever you can as I really need it and appreciate it.
This forum is so helpful.