PDA

View Full Version : e3 & 11-22

Steve Roughley
16th November 2008, 10:43 PM
Two more from Elgol same trip as last post.
I kinda like the first one. I may frame it.

http://www.steveroughleyphotography.com/New%20web%20site/images/elgol11.jpg

Think I have a problem with my grad filters on this one. Theres some kind of reflection happening in the top corners.

http://www.steveroughleyphotography.com/New%20web%20site/images/elgol12.jpg

Thanks for looking

Steve
www.steveroughleyphotography.com

petrovich
17th November 2008, 07:27 AM
Steve.

It is hardly noticeable, I know it might be the wrong thing to suggest but the image is so good you could crop it slightly and still keep its feel and colour.

Regards.

StephenL
17th November 2008, 07:31 AM
I like both of these - the first one especially is stunning!
I realise that you were proboably trying to got some colour in with the blue drum in the second shot, but I think it's better without it. I agree, just a bit of cropping would get that light patch out of the sky.

Barr1e
17th November 2008, 10:04 AM
Hi Steve -

The first is a stunner - is that snow on the peaks?

Regards. Barr1e

Graham_of_Rainham
17th November 2008, 10:21 AM
The first is very good. The composition, exposure and the way you have approached the shot presents a great "atmospheric" feel to the image.

The second one however is not in the same league. The first thing that strikes me is the way the whole image slopes to the left. Correcting the slope on water would help a lot. For years I spent a lot of time walking about clearing up the rubbish that would appear in my shots. Now I use PS to get rid of it. I imagin the big blue barrel to be full of rocks so there would be no moving that, but it's far enough away to be able to clone it out or crop it into a nice vertical landscape. The composition and atmosphere is again good and overall I like these pictures

Thanks for showing them

*chr

Nick Temple-Fry
17th November 2008, 10:37 AM
First one - well I join the general - and deserved - congratualations.

The second - well it's the blue drum problem - maybe closer and off-set it may catch the eye. But where it is it just appears as another bit of fishermans rubbish and detracts from the scene.

I might also be inclined to crop the 2'nd on the lhs so we have the steep slope to the peak - as the subsequent shallower slope seem to my eye to be unresolved.

Two good shots.

Nick

theMusicMan
17th November 2008, 11:13 AM
Two excellent shots again Steve, though the first is in a different league. Is this a pano or single image?

Cracking images as ever Steve, you certainly are a master of landscape with the E-3 and 11-22mm, wish I could get even half way towards shots like these.

Steve Roughley
17th November 2008, 05:32 PM
Hi Steve -

The first is a stunner - is that snow on the peaks?

Regards. Barr1e

Hi Barr1e

Yes its snow. we went up to Scotland for a week and it even snowed at ground level one day.
Everything over 2000 feet had snow on it most of the week.

Steve

Steve Roughley
17th November 2008, 05:36 PM
Two excellent shots again Steve, though the first is in a different league. Is this a pano or single image?

Cracking images as ever Steve, you certainly are a master of landscape with the E-3 and 11-22mm, wish I could get even half way towards shots like these.

Hi John

Its a crop off a landscape image. I took some of the rocks off the foreground and also a slight bit of sky.
I took several shots trying to get the waves breaking over rocks but the sea was not to helpfull. This was about the best.

Steve

Steve Roughley
17th November 2008, 05:46 PM
To answer about the barrel. I did clone it out for this stitched pano shot,
http://www.steveroughleyphotography.com/new%20web%20site/images/elgol4.jpg

This one I wanted your views on how it would look with the barrel left in.
I didn't look in the barrel but I would think it had blown from the jetty where the boats come in as there were several around that area. At one point I was thinking about moving it but I could always pp it after.

http://www.steveroughleyphotography.com/new%20web%20site/images/elgol12.jpg

You know I never noticed that I had tilted the image slightly. I will have to have a better look at what I post in future.

Thank you all for your comments.

Steve

donmcmahan
8th December 2008, 08:15 PM
the problem with the barrel isn't so much that it it there, it is that it is blue, two possible solutions, monochrome, or change the color, if you made it that sort of gray of well weathered wood it would be a nice point of interest rather than a distraction

Steve Roughley
8th December 2008, 10:05 PM
the problem with the barrel isn't so much that it it there, it is that it is blue, two possible solutions, monochrome, or change the color, if you made it that sort of gray of well weathered wood it would be a nice point of interest rather than a distraction

Darn it I should have known that...*chr