PDA

View Full Version : Anti Shutter Shock Settings

Philn67
8th April 2015, 11:37 AM
A couple of dumb questions or rather looking for confirmation of what I suspect and not limited to EM10.

Ive had various degrees of success with the 9-18mm bearing in mind its edge and corner softness. Its sharp in the centre and sharpens acceptably at the edges but I've noticed a few images are VERY soft to the point of blurred, so I checked my settings.
I have the 0 Anti Shutter Shock enabled in the menu and have a number of presets set in Mysets. Then like a fool I realised that I have set my presets for the drive mode for options without the anti shock (diamond symbol).
For instance for using a tripod I have a myset assigned to one of the dial settings which includes IBIS off and 2 second timer drive mode. But there is also a 2sec + diamond for anti shock. I thought once enabled it would be default but I presume it still has to be selected in the drive mode? Yes? Don't know how I missed that.
So why would you want to not have it enabled? Puzzled why even set in the menu there are still options for with/without (Low bust with, low burst without).

Other question, I presume like with other systems when using a tripod IBIS should be off?
Thanks in advance.

Philn67
8th April 2015, 12:05 PM
Correction EM10 doesn't have L + Anti Shake its 5ii that does but the 2 sec timer does. So does anti shock mode only apply if used with a drive mode with 'mode'+diamond?

Ross the fiddler
8th April 2015, 12:17 PM
Correction EM10 doesn't have L + Anti Shake its 5ii that does but the 2 sec timer does. So does anti shock mode only apply if used with a drive mode with 'mode'+diamond?

Yes, that would be right. That is, leave the Anti-shock '0' second on & when wanted use "with a drive mode with 'mode'+diamond".

*chr

Phill D
28th June 2015, 03:20 PM
Interesting question this as I've just bought a 9-18 lens. Only shot a few images so far but have definitely seen a shot or two that looked really soft and actually seemed to be double exposed. Need to check my shutter shock settings. But Phil how have you got on with the 9-18 have you sorted out the softness?