PDA

View Full Version : Camera holster

Tom Shino
1st April 2015, 03:18 PM
Hi,
I came across a review of a type of camera holder new to me - a camera holster - in dpReview.
An Italian company, it seems, has been already marketing one for FF cameras and now they have announced a new, smaller, one for mirrorless cameras.
It's named the b-grip UNO. Looks very interesting on their website but not yet available in Switzerland so I am unable to handle a sample.
Has any forum member some experience to offer?

StephenL
1st April 2015, 04:06 PM
Systems like this have been around for some years now. They have the disadvantages of a) weighing your belt (and trousers) down, and b) being useless if you wear a coat.

You also can get one which fastens onto your rucksack strap, which works reasonably well until the novelty wears off.

Wally
1st April 2015, 04:24 PM
This is a bit too open for my liking. Having watched a TV program 'The Real Hustle' where the 'TV felons' removed the lens - sometimes many, many times more expensive than the camera - from camera's in literally 2 to 3 seconds without being noticed by the owners, was a real eye opener.

Depending on the gear, the Olympus Camedia e-10/e-20 shoulder/belt case might be worth a look?

Mine held an e-3 with the 14-54 lens fitted with hood reversed.

You can check one such item -> HERE (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OLYMPUS-black-LEATHER-CAMERA-CASE/331511676679?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1% 26asc%3D29666%26meid%3D3dbaaf48bb9047c780dd2a963aa 6746d%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D331 511676679) At the price, and considering the camera/lens is hidden, it has to be worth a look.

Chevvyf1
1st April 2015, 04:34 PM
This is a bit too open for my liking. Having watched a TV program 'The Real Hustle' where the 'TV felons' removed the lens - sometimes many, many times more expensive than the camera - from camera's in literally 2 to 3 seconds without being noticed by the owners, was a real eye opener.

Wally I SAW this too :eek: and since prefer my camera in use+lens around my neck and in front of me and the small 'handbag" too (latter with spare batteries ; chips in one pouch and empty pouch for 'used' ones :) and rest of kit in rucksack on my back, but low slung (thus major weight is about my hips NOT shoulders :D and a BIG cloak with it all underneath :)

I have to sat I am amazed at the skill of so many "street thief's" of wallets ; purses ; camera lenses etc., even one person camera removed from should straps while walking along :)