PDA

View Full Version : Olympus and The Disabled Photographer's Society

beardedwombat
18th December 2007, 11:26 PM
In this week's Amateur Photographer there is a very humbling article about the Disabled Photographer's Society and a profile of one particular member who suffers from cerebral palsy yet is determined to follow his hobby. The next time I start to moan because I cannot find focus or the exposure is wrong or some such piffling problem, I will think of Brian struggling to raise his camera and hold it steady, and shut up. I had no idea there was such a society nor that it was partly sponsored by Olympus. Good on them say I.

The society is looking for any unwanted working gear such as cameras, lenses, accessories, computers and software. They are also desperate for the regular use of a studio in the Home Counties for meetings and studio photography. If you can help go to www.disabledphotographers.co.uk (http://www.disabledphotographers.co.uk) or email Shirley Britton at newhumanoctave@aol.com.
Chris

PeterD
19th December 2007, 04:44 AM
In this week's Amateur Photographer there is a very humbling article about the Disabled Photographer's Society and a profile of one particular member who suffers from cerebral palsy yet is determined to follow his hobby. The next time I start to moan because I cannot find focus or the exposure is wrong or some such piffling problem, I will think of Brian struggling to raise his camera and hold it steady, and shut up. I had no idea there was such a society nor that it was partly sponsored by Olympus. Good on them say I.

The society is looking for any unwanted working gear such as cameras, lenses, accessories, computers and software. They are also desperate for the regular use of a studio in the Home Counties for meetings and studio photography. If you can help go to www.disabledphotographers.co.uk (http://www.disabledphotographers.co.uk) or email Shirley Britton at newhumanoctave@aol.com.
Chris

Hi Chris

Thanks for drawing our attention to this society. Well done to Olympus and GS Networks and of course the members of the Society. There are some really good quality images on the site and its worth a visit.
Next time I have photographic equipment or computing equipment for disposal, I shall offer it to them.

Kind regards

PeterD