PDA

View Full Version : Fixed a rose image


DannyH
14th November 2008, 06:58 PM
This image originally had the red part clipped at the top. Using CS3 I added canvas size to the top, matched the black to it and then dodged and burned the top of the flower part to blend it in. I also took out some highlights near the top to help the transition to black. Does this look OK to other peoples eyes. I had a hard time deciding on how much to come in and out at the top.

I never have done this type of change before, but as with many people out there, my work is slow so I'm using my time for learning how to do more in CS3. Iím lucky that Iím my own boss (have a home CAD business), so I can give myself permission to work on this kind of thing.

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/671/SmokeRose1.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/9917)

snaarman
14th November 2008, 07:04 PM
Not a bad result at all.. I would give myself permission to do that sort of thing again :-)

Pete

Ian
14th November 2008, 07:48 PM
I love its form and the colouring is sublime - well done.

I'm out of superlatives.

We definitely need a regular Picture of the Day here on the e-group!

Ian

Jim Ford
14th November 2008, 08:16 PM
Great idea that works well, but I think the RH smoke stream is redundant and detracts from the image. I'd do away with it and crop a bit tighter.

Jim