PDA

View Full Version : EM1 & SB600 Flash

Longimanus
8th March 2015, 09:58 PM
Hi

A quick question, is it ok to dock the flash unit directly onto the hotshoe? Will I do any damage to the camera/flash?

thanks for any help

Ross the fiddler
8th March 2015, 10:41 PM
Hi

A quick question, is it ok to dock the flash unit directly onto the hotshoe? Will I do any damage to the camera/flash?

thanks for any help

It is possible you could do damage with the extra pins connecting where they shouldn't. Don't do it! There are adapters that have a straight hot shoe pin only (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Camera-Flash-Flashlight-Hot-Shoe-Adapter-PC-Sync-Socket-for-Canon-Nikon-Pentax-/120920342191?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item1c2769feaf) (without TTL pins) & that would be the best solution to use that flash.

Longimanus
9th March 2015, 12:03 PM
Many thanks Ross, better to ask the question than find out later in the day

Ross the fiddler
9th March 2015, 12:07 PM
Using the centre connector (main flash trigger) is fine with that flash, just make sure the TTL pins are isolated as in the adapter I linked to above.

Longimanus
9th March 2015, 04:18 PM
I will stick to my flash triggers then to be on the safe side

mstphoto
9th March 2015, 04:48 PM
I'm sure I saw a video on YouTube where the guy fired his Nikon flash remotely using the wee supplied Olympus flashgun

I could be wrong though :rolleyes:

Mike

Ross the fiddler
9th March 2015, 08:56 PM
I'm sure I saw a video on YouTube where the guy fired his Nikon flash remotely using the wee supplied Olympus flashgun

I could be wrong though :rolleyes:

Mike

That (I think) can only be done with the slave option because the Olympus RC pulse code (with 4 channels) would not be compatible with the Nikon flash wireless system (although it may be similar). Other 3rd party makers might be different though (with it being selectable for different systems).