PDA

View Full Version : New Olympus E-System Eye Piece Cover

Four Thirds User
13th November 2008, 11:30 AM
Four Thirds User (Fourthirds-user.com (http://fourthirds-user.com)) is a sibling site to the e-group.

Olympus has developed a new on-strap eye-piece cover that also stores the flash hot shoe cover when a flash is attached to the camera.

More... (http://fourthirds-user.com/2008/11/new_olympus_esystem_eye_piece_cover.php)

StephenL
13th November 2008, 12:03 PM
Good idea, but it looks like you have to take off the rubber eyepiece to use it, so where do you store that?

Ian
13th November 2008, 12:17 PM
Good idea, but it looks like you have to take off the rubber eyepiece to use it, so where do you store that?

Good point! But I suppose the hot shoe cover is easier to lose...

Ian

Nick Temple-Fry
13th November 2008, 12:22 PM
Good point! But I suppose the hot shoe cover is easier to lose...

Ian

But certainly less useful to keep!

Common sense would put a slot for the hot shoe cover on the body of the flash.

(or just leave it in the bottom of the camera bag - where mine has been ever since it fell out.)

Nick

Ian
13th November 2008, 12:35 PM
But certainly less useful to keep!

Common sense would put a slot for the hot shoe cover on the body of the flash.

(or just leave it in the bottom of the camera bag - where mine has been ever since it fell out.)

Nick

Now that's a good idea :)

Ian

HughofBardfield
13th November 2008, 12:41 PM
Good idea - I wonder if it fits straps other than the standard Olys... The key question is obviously "How Much?" !!

By the way, does it come with a hot shoe cover? Mine went to join the odd socks and ballpoint pen caps some time ago...

dbutch
13th November 2008, 12:43 PM
inside the bag/case that comes with the FL36 & 50 is a little pocket where you can put you shoe cover and forget it :)

Dave

Dicky
13th November 2008, 10:41 PM
i lost my hot shoe cover before i found the little bag to keep it in :( but i found a grey/silver one a week later that someone else had lost lol i now put it in the little bag wen i use my flashgun .. i think the grey/silver hotshoe cover looks so much better than the black one :D