PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Fl36 R

kidslateinlife
1st March 2015, 09:41 AM
Whilst attempting to mount my flash on a bracket and tightening the securing knurled part I dropped the flash and bracket and I have broken the contact base above the knurled part.

I have just put some glue on it, but I doubt i could trust it.

Where would be the best place to send the flash for repair.

My first incident in 5 years but still feel horrid.

Thank you for any ideas

Westy
1st March 2015, 10:27 AM
You can buy the base part. Simple to replace, a screw or two and a simple pull conector. About £40 for the part.

Shaw
1st March 2015, 10:37 AM
Luton Cameras can usually supply Olympus parts.

ChrisG
1st March 2015, 05:51 PM
I broke mine too in the same place.

Luton cameras supplied the replacement foot and I fitted it myself .... not too difficult with a very small cross head screwdriver.

Chris

kidslateinlife
1st March 2015, 06:07 PM
I broke mine too in the same place.

Luton cameras supplied the replacement foot and I fitted it myself .... not too difficult with a very small cross head screwdriver.

Chris

Thank you Chris

Can you recollect the part or cost.

ChrisG
1st March 2015, 06:17 PM
Hi,

I can't remember much but I did find my 2010 email response from Luton ... I think it has lots of useful for you .... between the dashed lines.

I was wrong about the screws, they are very small torx on mine.

Chris

=================================================
Re. OLYMPUS FL-36

We have the Foot and Lock Ring in stock (recommend these are changed together): 10.00, incl P&P.
This will require disassembly of the foot, which can be tricky (The Foot is not supplied with the contacts, which would have to be changed over).

or, if you want change the Foot Base Unit this would be the four screws and a connector (push fit) from the main circuit.
Foot Base - VG121400: 16.44 + 3.50 P&P.
We have the Foot Base Unit on order, ETA 3~4 weeks.

kidslateinlife
1st March 2015, 07:36 PM
Hi,

I can't remember much but I did find my 2010 email response from Luton ... I think it has lots of useful for you .... between the dashed lines.

I was wrong about the screws, they are very small torx on mine.

Chris

Re. OLYMPUS FL-36

We have the Foot and Lock Ring in stock (recommend these are changed together): 10.00, incl P&P.
This will require disassembly of the foot, which can be tricky (The Foot is not supplied with the contacts, which would have to be changed over).

or, if you want change the Foot Base Unit this would be the four screws and a connector (push fit) from the main circuit.
Foot Base - VG121400: 16.44 + 3.50 P&P.
We have the Foot Base Unit on order, ETA 3~4 weeks.

Chris

Thank you so kindly for very useful info.

Sincerest thanks

Alan