PDA

View Full Version : HELP! temperature

supmylo
27th February 2015, 12:47 PM
Hi all had my E450 for some time, had not been used for a few days went to use I had warning come up Internal camera temperature is to high wait for cooling before use,, this was 3 days ago,, what can I do or is it dead.. many thanks..:confused:

SteveJ
27th February 2015, 04:25 PM
The only time i have got this message was when using "live view" for long periods of time. Just switch off the camera wait a few minutes and all was fine. It is normal as with "live view" on, the sensor is on also and can over heat. Can you tell us more about the problem ie how you were using the camera, did the warning go away after waiting?

Steve

supmylo
27th February 2015, 04:56 PM
Hi Steve It was fine when I had stopped using it, sat for a couple of days not in use, when I went to use again the warning came on and has not gone off. I have tried removing the battery for a couple of hours but still have the warning.

byegad
27th February 2015, 05:31 PM
Sounds like the thermometer has failed.

supmylo
27th February 2015, 07:13 PM
Hi do you know if its worth repairing?

Bikie John
27th February 2015, 08:21 PM
You could try calling Olympus service, or Luton Camera Repair Services (who are official Oly service agents). I've used Luton for various things over the years and always found them helpful, if you're very lucky they might be able to give you some idea over the phone as to whether it's worth looking at. http://www.lutoncameras.co.uk/

John

supmylo
27th February 2015, 09:05 PM
Bikie John thanks for that will give it a try

alfbranch
1st March 2015, 04:49 PM
Oly were cheaper than Luton for me recently.

David M
1st March 2015, 05:26 PM
Seal it in a plastic bag and put it in the fridge to see if the temperature reading resets.

Ulfric M Douglas
1st March 2015, 06:16 PM
Make sure you're not in live-view mode before resetting just incase.