PDA

View Full Version : Another Organ Video (lullaby)

TubaMagna8
27th January 2015, 03:43 PM
Hi all,
Since I was home for the Weekend I decided to record another on my practice instrument at home. This I used the EPL-5 to do the main shots with the 12-40 pro lens, and the portrait keys part was filmed on the EM-5 with the Sigma 20mm.

in addition to that the two pedal angles where filmed on GO Pro 3+ Black editions. Audio was recorded to my mac via a Focusrite Audio interface from the line out of the organ.

Take a look

Remember to put it in 1080!

Best wishes

Jonathan
http://youtu.be/8pk3jmK0n2Y

wellyboot
28th January 2015, 11:41 AM
Nice video, and what a complex instrument to play!

TubaMagna8
28th January 2015, 07:14 PM
Thank you! Yes can be challenging at times!

Harbrimar
6th February 2017, 11:12 PM
Hi Jonathan
Not generally a fan of the organ but that was a lovely piece of music, thank you for posting. I am also interested in the technical aspect of how you put the video together as I enjoy producing AV sequences and always looking for new ideas. How did you sync the footage from the three cameras?
Regards
Brian

TubaMagna8
6th February 2017, 11:41 PM
Hi Jonathan
Not generally a fan of the organ but that was a lovely piece of music, thank you for posting. I am also interested in the technical aspect of how you put the video together as I enjoy producing AV sequences and always looking for new ideas. How did you sync the footage from the three cameras?
Regards
Brian

Thank you, For most of my videos i use Adobe Premiere Pro, the Audio for a start i record into an external audio interface into something like audacity or Adobe Audition. This gives a clean full res line out.

I record audio on the other cameras but the quality and dynamic range of the audio isn't great so with recording to an interface i get the best range. Particularly with organ as there are frequencies that aren't audible but would give a subwoofer a good work out! (these frequencies usually shake the building :p )

I either clap if its a live recording or for the home use i Play an octave before i actually play, this allows me to put a maker in premiere to line things up. so when the files are in Premiere i go into each one,find the octave and create the marker from that.

Select all the cameras with the markers and create a multi cam sequence, this displays all the shots in a square and you can play through and click on the shot you want in Real-time. And then i add additional videos like stop changes as another video layer on top.

It's a great way to do video's like this as the marking files up is the difficult part then after that its really easy to get the different shots selected, and i apply a default transition to all the clips.

I hope that is of use? It's the first time i have ever written about how i do my video's maybe it could be the start of something :)

OM USer
7th February 2017, 04:42 PM
Your workflow is just as interesting as the music. Good work.