PDA

View Full Version : HLD-4 grip promotion question

theMusicMan
18th December 2007, 10:48 AM
Hi All

I seem to recall that one of the prerequisites for being eligible for the free grip and bag was that you had to be an exisiting owner of Olympus kit - which I am (much of it!!)

But... when I sent my email off with the purchase receipt et al, I have not been asked anywhere for any serial number of existing Olympus kit, nor have I been asked for the serial number of my E-3 (but I did provide this), nor have I been asked to provide my Olympus registration name so that they could see the existing Olympus kit I have already registered on the product registration page.

Have I done all this correctly...?

Invicta
18th December 2007, 11:08 AM
If you had your previous E-series registered before 1st Dec at

http://olympus.co.uk/consumer/208_17616.htm

then register your new E-3 with the same account it should all tie in.

The promo leaflet I have from the camera shop does ask for a copy of the warranty card so they should be able to match the serial numbers that way.

I haven't heard back from Oly yet so I can not confirm 100% that this will work.

theMusicMan
18th December 2007, 11:20 AM
Hi Invicta

This is where I am a little confused and concerned. At no point did the instructions on the Olympus site as me for the warranty card for the E-3. I did provide the serial number in the email, together with copy of purchase receipt, but no mention of existing Olympus E-3 serial number, nor of any existing kit.

I do have all my gear registered on that site, but they have not asked for my username so how will they know which registration page is mine?

Here's what is says on the Oly site

1. Ensure that your current E-System camera is officially registered
2. Register your new Olympus E-3 by 31 December 2007
3. Post, fax or email your purchase receipt to:

Invicta
18th December 2007, 11:36 AM
Yes, I agree it is confusing. This is the promo leaflet

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/541/olyleaflet.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/1382)

As you point out the web site does say

1. Ensure that your current E-System camera is officially registered
2. Register your new Olympus E-3 by 31 December 2007
3. Post, fax or email your purchase receipt to:

The above should work:

1) shows you had an existing E-series so you qualify for the grip
2 & 3) shows you have an E3 so will get the grip and also the bag if you registered your interest by 30th Nov.

So provided you registered your old E-series before end-Nov and register an E-3 before end-Jan (the extended date) it should be OK. If you sent the serial number in the email that should be enough for Oly to find your registered details. I sent a scan of the warranty card to be doubly sure.

Ian has promised to sort out any issues so I am sure it will work out ok.

theMusicMan
18th December 2007, 11:42 AM
Great info Invicta, thanks.

I just called Olympus UK and though they were very friendly and helpful, they weren't able to give me the reassurance I was after and suggested I contacted the email address I sent the purchase receipt off to in an attempt to clarify the concerns. I have done so now and will advise as soon as I get a reply.

I am sure Ian will chase any issues we have anyhows - which is super. I am not trying to badger people, only trying to ensure I've done all I should have done to obtain my free HLD-4 and bag... :)

PeterD
18th December 2007, 11:43 AM
Hi I have received my HLD-4 Grip today.
See my other post.

I sent a copy of my invoice together with copies of the warranty cards when I applied. I believe in belts and braces and sent both to the two promotion items.

Incidentally, I have NOT to this date received an acknowledgement to my applications for the free gifts.

PeterD