PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with mysets and fn buttons

Philn67
19th January 2015, 12:04 PM
Newbie here and loving my em10.
I read somewhere online a user was not able to customised function buttons saved to a myset and assigned to a dial. They said olympus confirmed that changing fn buttons and assigning to a myset, the only way to access the full changes is through the menu. Assigning a myset to a dial position will not bring up the changed fn buttons. Anyone know if this is correct?
I set the buttons the way I want and saved them to myset1 and dial A. I save an alternative set of buttons to myset2 and to the square montage dial. Changing the dial doesn't alter the buttons but going into the menu and changing mysets does update the different button assignments as they should. It seems these cant be accessed when assigning to a dial. It's just one button I want to change quickly so having to go through the menu to change mysets means i will have to have a rethink. Anyone else found this?

byegad
19th January 2015, 02:01 PM
I have my F2 button programmed to goto the next MySet, so in MySet1 it takes me to Myset2, from Myset 2 to 3, then 3 to 4 and 4 back to 1.

Philn67
19th January 2015, 03:15 PM
I have my F2 button programmed to goto the next MySet, so in MySet1 it takes me to Myset2, from Myset 2 to 3, then 3 to 4 and 4 back to 1.

Hi bygad
I thought about doing that but I think that means fn2 has to be assigned to a myset and nothing else? If I had it assigned to myset2 and then in myset2 had fn2 assigned to something else there's no way back other than using the menu. I can see the logic in what you have done.
I have set up like this:
Fn2 to the default multi select for quick access to ISO/wb. If it had more features it would solve the problem. I could use the back menu but I like the access to colour creator and shadows/highlight. Time will tell if I use those.
Fn2 to x2 digital zoom. Quite like this because it's usefull to extend range.
Record to focus point select. I found I struggles using the back arrow selector with my thumb so I need that on the top.
Lfn to dof preview. The problem here is that obviously that function is lost on other lenses that don't support it.
The one I am missing is exp lock so that's why I was trying to find a way to use mysets so I can quickly swap functions. I may have a play with mysets to a button and see if I can figure it out or sacrifice the zoom to fn1.