PDA

View Full Version : Review of the Ali Grip for the M10

Pistnbroke
14th January 2015, 11:18 AM
You can find this illustrated here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quick-Release-L-Plate-Bracket-Hand-Grip-Holder-Fr-Olympus-OMD-E-M10-EM10-Arca-Sw-/171404727038?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27e88492fe

Dont buy from that e bay supplier its in china and you may get banged for 25% duty/vat .Buy from a UK supplier. That one just has 5 pictures.
Review

This unit is top quality and fits the M10 like a glove with no rubber pads just a perfect fit. The battery/card access is NOT obstructed and the feel is much improved .More reliable to hold the camera.
I dont use a neck strap because you look like an amateur pratt and they get caught ripping the camera out your hand.
The end bracket I am not so sure of but its removable.
for about £25 this item is an excellent improvement.

StephenL
14th January 2015, 11:41 AM
I bought a similar grip/tripod plate for my X-T1 (from a UK supplier) and they are indeed very well made and improve the handling. The finger grip on mine is smooth metal and initially had doubts and considered rubberising it, but actually it's fine as it is.

IainMacD
14th January 2015, 06:22 PM
I have one of those for my E-M10 and it does make it a better size for my big hands, but is easy to remove, if using a pancake lens, to keep the size down. The base and the end piece fit Arca-Swiss compatible tripod clamps making it a doddle to switch between landscape and portrait without hanging the camera off the side of the tripod head.
I highly recommend it.