PDA

View Full Version : E620 defaulting to P

shenstone
12th January 2015, 04:43 AM
Advice please

I bought the wife an E620 a few years ago and she told me it was always going back to P even when the dial is set to A which is her default

Of course I didn't pay much attention until I borrowed it as a travel camera and she's right

when left in A and then turned off and back on it restarts in A and then you just flip the dial from A to something and back to A and it works as expected again

Any ideas ?

Regards
Andy

Ross the fiddler
12th January 2015, 06:35 AM
Advice please

I bought the wife an E620 a few years ago and she told me it was always going back to P even when the dial is set to A which is her default

Of course I didn't pay much attention until I borrowed it as a travel camera and she's right

when left in A and then turned off and back on it restarts in A and then you just flip the dial from A to something and back to A and it works as expected again

Any ideas ?

Regards
Andy

It really needs a service to clean the contacts but my E30 was like that occasionally. Rotate the dial back & forth a few times & that might clear it for a little while. I believe someone sprayed a little contact cleaner (or something similar) into their control dial with success, but don't quote me on that though.

Ralph Harwood
12th January 2015, 09:11 AM
Hi there Shenstone!

I agree with Ross - my E-30 did it at first when I bought it, but after turning the dial round quite a few times it seemed to settle down - it still does it a bit now if I don't use it for a few weeks. The permanent solution is to have it serviced - I don't know how easy it would be to get contact cleaner onto the actual contacts without stripping down the camera.

I hope this helps,

Cheers,

Ralph.

shenstone
12th January 2015, 10:32 AM
Arigatou

I'll try the cheaper fix first

Regards
Andy