PDA

View Full Version : FL-50r and FP-1 connection to E-3

MJ0RZD
11th January 2015, 08:04 PM
Well pleased with my new (to me) FL50r and FP-1 grip..., BUT! When connecting the two to the E-3 the FP-1 shutter release button only works from time to time, though the flash zooms fine and fires when operated from the camera shutter release. When set up and connected to the E-1 in the same way everything works just fine so I'm wondering if there is a loose connection (or is it a menu setting?) in or on the E-3. Just for information I am using with newly charged AA cells in the FL-50r and C cells in the grip.

Wee man
11th January 2015, 10:31 PM
Have you checked the lock button on the grip is on when using the grip button?

PeterBirder
11th January 2015, 11:49 PM
Have you checked the lock button on the grip is on when using the grip button?

Different type of grip Ed.

The FP-1 is a Flash bracket/grip and does not have a lock switch.

Sounds like a faulty connector/cable associated with the RG-1 cable which connects the grip to the camera remote control connector. Also the manual says to tighten the knob on the grip after inserting the plug.

Regards.*chr

MJ0RZD
12th January 2015, 09:40 AM
My first thought was a loose connection or cable, the FP-1 has a power switch though I think this is just to isolate the grip battery supply though common sense suggests it would switch off the shutter button as well. It is odd though how the set up works 100% on the E-1 and not on the E-3 suggesting it is a problem on that camera or its connection.