PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Suffolk

reallymadrob
18th December 2007, 10:27 AM
I wouldn't stick my head over the parapet on a big forum but this one seems quite new and homely so it doesn't seem polite to lurk.

I'm based in North Suffolk and my primary hobby is underwater photography, mostly around the UK this year but sometimes we weaken and go off to see some clear, blue, warm water.

We've used mostly Olympus cameras underwater since 1999 ( a C-900Z) and bubbled along getting gradually more serious until going SLR this year.

Any other underwater types about?

Rob

Ian
18th December 2007, 10:37 AM
I wouldn't stick my head over the parapet on a big forum but this one seems quite new and homely so it doesn't seem polite to lurk.

I'm based in North Suffolk and my primary hobby is underwater photography, mostly around the UK this year but sometimes we weaken and go off to see some clear, blue, warm water.

We've used mostly Olympus cameras underwater since 1999 ( a C-900Z) and bubbled along getting gradually more serious until going SLR this year.

Rob

Hi Rob, welcome to the site! We hope to grow the membership but we also want to maintain the cosy and friendly atmosphere :)

As this is a common interest site so I'm hopeful we can maintain the ambience :D

Don't forget to post some images in your gallery space to have a chance of claiming a free BLM-1 battery...

Ian

theMusicMan
18th December 2007, 10:40 AM
Welcome Rob - would love to see some of your underwater shots... gonna post some...?

PeterD
18th December 2007, 10:44 AM

Rob

Hi Rob

Welcome to the site. Looking forward to viewing some of your images. I have not dived in my life but would certainly be interested to see the results of your hobby.

Kind regads

PeterD

Barr1e
18th December 2007, 05:27 PM
Hi Rob -

Pleased you have surfaced.

I think we all enjoy the site as it is friendly and it seems we have experts in many fields if we get stumped.

All the best. Barr1e

reallymadrob
19th December 2007, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the friendly greetings. I've posted a few pics to give those who wondered what it looks like underwater a little taste of Norfolk underwater.

My main galleries on my webpage include lots more, including some flashier stuff from warmer climes.

Rob

PeterD
19th December 2007, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the friendly greetings. I've posted a few pics to give those who wondered what it looks like underwater a little taste of Norfolk underwater.

My main galleries on my webpage include lots more, including some flashier stuff from warmer climes.

Rob

Rob,

I have just viewed your gallery and I am very impressed with the sharpness and colourful images. I guess you have to wait for calm weather to prevent cloudy water affecting the images.

What was the camera you used for these shots?

Kind regards

PeterD

theMusicMan
19th December 2007, 08:10 PM
Welcome Rob... hope you enjoy your stay, there's plenty of good folk around here.

Barr1e
19th December 2007, 09:00 PM
Hi again -

I enjoyed your series of pix in the gallery. Thanks.

Regards. Barr1e

shenstone
19th December 2007, 09:02 PM
I'm another one who's looking forward to seeing some underwater shots - I tried it once during a dive using a hired Oly point and shoot camera. The conversation went something like ...

Me... So how many High res pictures can I fit on the card.

Dive Master... Oh don't worry - you could fit about a hundred, but you'll only have time for about 20 on the dive

Dive Master (later) How did you manage 99 pictures !

Regards
Andy

shenstone
19th December 2007, 09:06 PM
Took me a while between starting and completing my reply - I've also now taken a look at your pictures - Very Nice ... !

Regards
Andy

reallymadrob
20th December 2007, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the welcoming and appreciative messages...

Sounds like other people have trouble controlling their picture taking underwater too :D I'm not proud of my 200+ average (per hour diving) but a lot of that is due to safety shots - it's tough to tell how things will turn out when you're floating back and forth in the swell :rolleyes:

The water doesn't have to be clear, but it does help. None of the ones in the gallery were taken in poor 'vis' but that still equates to the kind of fog where you couldn't drive and your friends start to disappear more than 15 feet away (that's a good day).

The pictures were taken with a mixture of cameras over the last 4 years. I suppose it could be a fun quiz to match camera to picture... there are 7x E-330, 3x C-7070WZ, 1x C-5060WZ and 1x C-40Z.

We've found that the E-330 has greater potential but missed the flexibility of the tiddlers... not that we'll go back I love the colour and detail we are getting :D

Regards
Rob