PDA

View Full Version : E-3 is arriving in shops soon

Vokesie
13th November 2007, 06:34 AM
As a rather impaitent person and after spending all my hard earned cash on the new olympus E-3 (I hate paying depositis) yesterday I emailed Olympus to see when the E-3 is likeley to hit the shops and here is the responce from one of their customer service team

Hi

We will start to send out stock from end of this week onwards. It rather depends where you are in the queue as there are a good number of orders

Regards
Please note our new contact
details from 18th November.

Olympus UK
Vision House, 19 Colonial Way, Watford, Herts WD24 4JL
Tel: 01923 ******, Fax: 01923 *******
Email: info@olympus.uk.com , Web: www.olympus.co.uk

beardedwombat
13th November 2007, 07:38 AM
Chimes with what I was told when I ordered mine at the Park Cameras event. Seems Olly are keeping to schedule. Christmas comes but once a year - just a bit earlier this year!
Chris

Vokesie
13th November 2007, 08:16 AM
Did they have an E-3 there if fo what was it like. I am sat by the phone waiting to hear from the shop

Bo_Nydahl
13th November 2007, 08:58 AM
WooHoo! I was hoping they might start shipping sooner rather than later. Wonder where I am in the Warehouse Express queue?

Mike

R MacE
13th November 2007, 01:28 PM
Wonder where I am in the Digital Depot queue :)

Ian
13th November 2007, 01:59 PM
Yes, this is what I have heard too - supplies from around the end of the week.

Am making enquiries about the 70-300 and the new 50-200 SWD.

Ian

Bo_Nydahl
13th November 2007, 04:25 PM
Just received this email from WE:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, we are yet to receive a clear indication from our suppliers with regards to when we can expect this in.

We aim to fulfil your order as soon as possible. In the meantime, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused by the delay.

Kind Regards,
Warehouse Express

Mike

Vokesie
13th November 2007, 04:42 PM
I Suspect thatís a Cover their A**e email so no one can scream and shout at them when its a few days late

I would guess come Monday/tuesday people phones will start to ring saying the cameras are in

I would be interested to see how they distribute the camera on will it be first come first served or those who have paid in full over those who have paid deposits

Ian
13th November 2007, 06:25 PM
Yes, this is what I have heard too - supplies from around the end of the week.

Am making enquiries about the 70-300 and the new 50-200 SWD.

Ian

A small consignment of 70-300s has been and gone, I'm told, with more expected by the end of the week to early next week.

No ETA for 50-200s yet.

Ian

Steve Roughley
13th November 2007, 07:16 PM
Wonder where I am in the Digital Depot queue :)

They told me I'm No.7 on the list and they should get enough in to cover mine at least.

Good Shooting
Steve

R MacE
13th November 2007, 09:58 PM
Hi Steve,

thats great, I'll e-mail them and see if I can find out where I am :)

Cheers, Richard

Bandit
14th November 2007, 07:55 AM
I rang WE express only a few days ago. I too asked about my E-3 order. The waiting is doing my head in. I have a job for it on the 9th of December and hope to get to grips with it a week before then.

Anyway, WE did not give any indication there would be a problem as I was one of the first to put my order in.

Interestingly, they have back orders of over 350 Nikon D300's and only 200 in the first delivery..someone is going to dissapointed there. :(

Bo_Nydahl
14th November 2007, 10:59 AM
Unless I have completely misunderstood the web site. Digital Depot are showing the E3 as IN STOCK.

Mike

andym
14th November 2007, 12:25 PM
I mailed Digital Depot.They told me that they expect the E3 at the end of the month.

The good thing is that I am 4th on the list

Fingers crossed.

All the best

Andy

R MacE
14th November 2007, 07:35 PM
I e-mailed Digital Depot last night regarding expected delivery of my E-3 and my position on 'the list'

I received a reply today, delivery expected by the end of the month, I'm 5th on the list :)

I wonder if I'll have it before I go to the E-System day at Black & Lizars in Belfast on the 27th Nov. I'd love to take it with me, ask plenty of questions and then take it out of my pack ;)