PDA

View Full Version : Hi

dwarfe
7th November 2008, 02:54 AM
Stumbled upon this forum accidently and like what I see. I recently bought a E510 with 14-42mm and 40-150mm lens. Years ago I had an old Zenit as needed a camera for collage work at times but gave up as after leaving collage had no access to a darkroom and couldnt afford to carry on . Although I did have a pentax110 which i carried everywhere for snap shots.
More recently I had a 2mp nikon compact them a Kodak bridge camera.
Loving the E510 tho.
On the technical side if things I'm absolutly rubbish and get confused with all the numbers. I tended to think small hole big hole or more light less light. Works for me lol. On saying that my camera does come of manual I cant get my head round the techy stuff.
Any I hope to meet some interesting people here and learn some as well if can.
By the way I'm ancient and female and live in West yorkshire

CaptainD
7th November 2008, 06:31 AM
Dear Dwarfe,

Welcome to the forum, I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do. There are a lot of friendly and knowledgeable people who will always try their best to help. Please try to post some images as we all enjoy looking at them, Yorkshire must be be a great area to use your E-510.

Cheers

Chris *chr

StephenL
7th November 2008, 08:36 AM
Welcome, Dwarfe. I used to live in W Yorks, and know what a great set of photo opportunities there can be!

theMusicMan
7th November 2008, 09:03 AM
Hi Dwarfe and a big welcome to e-group. The fact that you say you're ancient and female is no excuse for not posting your pics OK... :)

dwarfe
7th November 2008, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the freindly welcome I will post some pics in the next few days when I get myself sorted and work out how to do this.

Ian
7th November 2008, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the freindly welcome I will post some pics in the next few days when I get myself sorted and work out how to do this.

Let us know if you are having any difficulty.

Ian

Zuiko
8th November 2008, 01:36 AM
Dear Dwarfe,

Welcome to the forum, I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do. There are a lot of friendly and knowledgeable people who will always try their best to help. Please try to post some images as we all enjoy looking at them, Yorkshire must be be a great area to use your E-510.

Cheers

Chris *chr

Chris,

I bet you never thought you'd ever use that salutation!

And Dwarfe, you ought to get on well with Grumpy, who lives near Skipton! Welcome to the Forum where we like to have a laugh, but also help fellow photographers as much as we can. Don't be afraid to ask! Nice start to your gallery, I paricularly like the B&W truck full of rubbish! :)

Ellie
8th November 2008, 01:41 AM
Good to meet you, it'll be nice to have some more female company on here! ;)

dwarfe
8th November 2008, 02:13 AM
Yorkshire is a great place fullstop no matter which camera you own. God's own county . My problem is doing it justice. I'm from Wetherby which isnt too far from Skipton.

My first few pics are hosted on Photobucket as I'm at work at the moment and I'm not allowed to store any personal stuff on PC here. My PC at home is not working at the moment (I formated at begining of the week and lost the drivers disc ) waiting for my son to sort me out. Once that is working I can reduce some to a reasonable size and post some more. But looking though the galleries on here I have a lot to learn.

Nick Temple-Fry
8th November 2008, 02:21 AM
God may have made Yorkshire - but quite frankly he was obviously born in Suffolk and did his best work early on. From Norfolk onwards it was all down hill (with a brief renaissance around lands end).

This is a contributors group, ain't no experts here, we are all just learning from each other. So please post, we all like pictures.

Nick

Zuiko
8th November 2008, 02:27 AM
God may have made Yorkshire - but quite frankly he was obviously born in Suffolk and did his best work early on. From Norfolk onwards it was all down hill (with a brief renaissance around lands end).

This is a contributors group, ain't no experts here, we are all just learning from each other. So please post, we all like pictures.

Nick

From Norfolk onwards I would have thought it would be mainly uphill! :p

Nick Temple-Fry
8th November 2008, 02:38 AM
From Norfolk onwards I would have thought it would be mainly uphill! :p

Have you seen how Australians draw the globe - ain't nothing to us suffolk boys.

(Nick - whose grandfather emigrated from Australia to Suffolk - something to do with the 1'st world war and a girl)

Nick

Zuiko
8th November 2008, 02:50 AM
Have you seen how Australians draw the globe - ain't nothing to us suffolk boys.

(Nick - whose grandfather emigrated from Australia to Suffolk - something to do with the 1'st world war and a girl)

Nick

Ah, an Australian immigrant! Maybe that's where the phrase "Silly Suffolk" originated? *laugh

Sorry, Dwarfe, we seem to be Hijacking your thread. And you thought Yorkshiremen could spend all night talking about nothing! :D Quick, get some pictures on here to shut us up! :o

dwarfe
8th November 2008, 03:15 AM
You guys hijack all you like a night talking about nothing suits me I'm at work and bored stupid. Well thats not true I always was the stupid bit the bored bit is cos the night is dragging and I suppose someones got to live in suffolk may as well let the Austrailians do it *chr*chr

Zuiko
8th November 2008, 03:28 AM
You guys hijack all you like a night talking about nothing suits me I'm at work and bored stupid. Well thats not true I always was the stupid bit the bored bit is cos the night is dragging and I suppose someones got to live in suffolk may as well let the Austrailians do it *chr*chr

Hi Dwarfe,

Guess I'd better stop rambling on and go to bed. Got a firework party tomorrow (whoops, that's now today which is bound to go on 'til late then on Sunday I've got to be in Epping Forest by 6.00am for a forum day out - dare not be late as I'm organising it!

Hope your shift soon comes to an end, at least yo've got access to this site to keep you entertained!

Cheers,

theMusicMan
8th November 2008, 08:25 AM

NickBut was conceived and got all his ideas from Gods country here in Wales...:):) hehehehe