PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt Raws

Garrie
17th December 2007, 10:17 PM
Hi all,

Really struggling with my new E - 510, everytime I shot in raw and import them into Lightroom it shows the files are Corrupt, at first I thought memory card (4gig Extreme iv) so replaced with an other one (2gig Extreme iii) and still I get messages in Lightroom that the raw file is corrupt..

Is this a Camera fault? JPG's are fine and can be read in Lightroom and any other program..

I'm still using Lightroom 1.0, would that make a difference?! Its fine with my E500 raws :confused:

Any help or advice would be great.

Cheers
Garrie

shenstone
17th December 2007, 10:55 PM
I don't know for sure, but I suspect that you may be on to something as you're using a relatively old version of LR now. I know that Olympus made un-publically documented changes between the E500 and E510 ORF formats as other software that I'm using had to be updated.

I'd look to whether there are new plugins or an appropriate update

Regards
Andy

theMusicMan
18th December 2007, 08:12 AM
I'd do a few things:

Reformat the card when in-camera
Upgrade to the latest version of Lightroom (1.3.1?)

If that still causes errors, try copying a single file from the Card via your OS and then import that single file into LR and see if you get the same thing.

Invicta
18th December 2007, 08:46 AM
Lightroom uses the same processing engine as Adobe Camera Raw uses in Photoshop. Adobe update this for each new new camera that comes out so updating to the latest version of Lightroom will fix this. :)

Garrie
20th December 2007, 06:28 PM
Thanks all, updating to Lightroom 1.3 resolved the issue..

had me worried for a bit though..

theMusicMan
20th December 2007, 06:38 PM
Glad you are all sorted Garrie.