PDA

View Full Version : The newest newbie

PetePassword
5th November 2008, 02:35 PM
Hi everyone

I'm Pete, I live in beautiful Herefordshire and have been a photographer, both professional and amateur, for more years than I want to admit. It's now just a hobby [I make a living in publishing], and one that occupies most of my spare time. Main subject interests are: the environment, animals, patterns of decay, light and shade.
I'm here to learn from everyone about this camera I just bought.*yes

Graham_of_Rainham
5th November 2008, 02:41 PM
Pete,

Welcome to the "Friendly Forum" :)

We have a lot of people here that will help in all sorts of ways to get you out of trouble and into E-System photography. Hopefully we will see you at a future event.

*chr

Ellie
5th November 2008, 03:53 PM
http://www.chins-n-quills.com/forums/images/smilies/hello3.gif

Nice to meet you :)

CaptainD
5th November 2008, 05:20 PM
Dear Pete,

Welcome to the forum, I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do. There are a lot of friendly and knowledgeable people who will always try their best to help. Please try to post some images as we all enjoy looking at them.

Cheers

Chris *chr

Ian
5th November 2008, 06:16 PM
Good to see you Pete - hope you will post some pictures soon :D

Ian

PS I see we have now exceeded 8,000 pictures in the gallery!

DekHog
5th November 2008, 07:18 PM
Hello and welcome - which camera did you just buy??

Barr1e
5th November 2008, 07:33 PM
Hi and welcome - pleased you have joined a growing army of togs.

Regards. Barr1e

JackBenedict
5th November 2008, 07:37 PM
Welcome to what is an extremely friendly forum.
Jack *chr

tlove
5th November 2008, 07:59 PM
Hello and welcome - which camera did you just buy??

Just looked at Pete's public profile - sez he's got an E-1, maybe that's it??

Anyway - welcome to the forum Pete. Hope you enjoy your stay, and hope to see some pics from you very soon. As everyone else has said, we're a pretty friendly bunch :D

Zuiko
5th November 2008, 09:28 PM
Hi everyone

I'm Pete, I live in beautiful Herefordshire and have been a photographer, both professional and amateur, for more years than I want to admit. It's now just a hobby [I make a living in publishing], and one that occupies most of my spare time. Main subject interests are: the environment, animals, patterns of decay, light and shade.
I'm here to learn from everyone about this camera I just bought.*yes

Hi Pete and welcome!

If you're an ex-professional photographer and now a professional publisher I'm sure we will learn more from you than vice versa! But we'll do what we can to help. Look forward to seeing some of your pics. :)

PetePassword
6th November 2008, 10:09 AM
Yes, an E-1 with a Zuiko 14-45mm lens from Ebay, second hand but in perfect condition, obviously loved by a careful owner. My freelance pro days were with film SLRs and even a Leica! My Canon SLR is still going strong but film, and I have a little Kodak pocket camera which is great for candid shots when travelling light and unable to hump a bag around. I wouldn't post shots from that here, non-E1!

So you'll all have to wait till I get the hang of this one. Although if anyone is really curious and not just being friendly;), there's some of my stuff here http://www.oneworldnet.co.uk/Photography/index1.htm Bit limited I know, the devil is in the lens huh? :o The Hendrix shot is with the Leica, which dates me somewhat, and many of the others are Pentax SLR. Never owned an Olympus before, but I suspect I might have got lucky.

grumpy69
6th November 2008, 05:18 PM
Hi Pete and welcome to the best site there is *wave

Zuiko
6th November 2008, 09:07 PM
Yes, an E-1 with a Zuiko 14-45mm lens from Ebay, second hand but in perfect condition, obviously loved by a careful owner. My freelance pro days were with film SLRs and even a Leica! My Canon SLR is still going strong but film, and I have a little Kodak pocket camera which is great for candid shots when travelling light and unable to hump a bag around. I wouldn't post shots from that here, non-E1!

So you'll all have to wait till I get the hang of this one. Although if anyone is really curious and not just being friendly;), there's some of my stuff here http://www.oneworldnet.co.uk/Photography/index1.htm Bit limited I know, the devil is in the lens huh? :o The Hendrix shot is with the Leica, which dates me somewhat, and many of the others are Pentax SLR. Never owned an Olympus before, but I suspect I might have got lucky.

Hey Pete, we like to think we're friendly but we're curious too - and mention of "Hendrix" had me clicking on your link PDQ! That's an iconic image of the Sixties if ever there was one, Purple Haze and all that. I think I was there but I don't remember......I've heard it said that if you do remember the Sixties you wasn't really there! Where did you take that pic?

Others I really like include the Hippie Children and the Fishing Boat.

But Freyafrisbee? You can't have a dog called "Freya," surely? That's my daughter's name! :eek:

Nice to have you here, Pete. Now, get out with that E-1! :D

*chr

PetePassword
6th November 2008, 10:34 PM
:eek:Cheers John. It was...breathes deeply...1970...as I recall...Isle of Wight, ah yes, I was working for a Swedish magazine more interested in the nudity than rock n roll, but didn't stop me shooting everyone playing. I was feet from Jimi:cool: I was definitely 'there' ... the tales I could tell.
Freya has become a popular name, with people of taste. The hippy kids shot was at an East Anglian Fayre in the '80s, Barsham I believe. There are more of those here http://www.fairsandfestivals.co.uk another of mine, but bear in mind these are mostly from small prints scanned in so not of great quality, more historical interest.
I haven't even had time to get a good look round here yet, work piling up, but I'll be back.

I must just say, I like being a junior member, makes me feel young again...