PDA

View Full Version : Amy

B.P.S Studios
5th November 2008, 02:08 PM
http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/503/medium/BP099450.jpg

Comments Welcome

Graham_of_Rainham
5th November 2008, 02:22 PM
I don't often use the expression "Wow" but this deserves it.

The artistic quality of this image is superbe and the tonal colouration that you have used perfectly compliments the subject and the composition.

One of your best pictures.

*chr

Makonde
5th November 2008, 02:46 PM
Beautifully balanced, dramatic and dynamic.

andym
5th November 2008, 03:49 PM
Hi

My 17 year old daughter is into a band called Cradle of Filth.I think the term for their music is Gothic Black Metal.:eek:

You picture would not go amiss on one of their album covers.

I really like the darkness of it.

Actually I quite like some of the music as well.*yes

Ijay37
5th November 2008, 07:20 PM
Looks more like someone looking for Heathcliffe than Amy:D
But I like it. John

shenstone
5th November 2008, 08:56 PM
Sorry I;m going to disagree with a couple of the posts here

IMHO The top of her head just gets lost into the clouds and the sky is so dark that I think it overdominates the picture which is a pity as I do like the idea and the composition are both excellent as is the model and the look on her face.

Regards
Andy

gno
5th November 2008, 09:01 PM
I'm with Shenstone.
I thought perhaps it was my monitor, but found it very dark on another screen, the lack of contrast pulls my eye into the dark clouds.

Regards

Gavin

Zuiko
5th November 2008, 10:03 PM
Hi

My 17 year old daughter is into a band called Cradle of Filth.I think the term for their music is Gothic Black Metal.:eek:

You picture would not go amiss on one of their album covers.

I really like the darkness of it.

Actually I quite like some of the music as well.*yes

Don't ever admit to that, Andy! I don't suppose she would confess to liking your Gong/Radio Gnome albums!

Secretly, I think the Goth scene is great - very theatrical and flamboyant. You are right to say this picture would look great as a goth band album cover.

BPS, I don't often comment on your work because portraits/glamour and not my forte and I don't feel qualified to give feedback, but I always enjoy looking at them. :)

Cheers,

HughofBardfield
6th November 2008, 10:19 AM
I think this is stunning as a composition. I always wish it was possible to see your images larger...

However, I do agree with Shenstone and others about the model's hair merging with the clouds - a bit of tonal separation and maybe a zone lighter for the darkest clouds would make a huge difference.

I believe the appropriate smiley may be *super

Makonde
6th November 2008, 10:34 AM
In the light of other replies i've given this more thought and am going with instinct rather than technical aspects. For me the fusion of her hair with the black clouds adds to the wildness of the scene and is part of the communication in this picture.

E-P1 fan
6th November 2008, 01:53 PM
Wow wow-wow-wow-wow...wow

Unbelievable :rolleyes:

B.P.S Studios
7th November 2008, 09:32 AM
Hello Everybody and thank you all for your feedback and advice on this image.
The lack of definition between the head and the backround was deliberate. It just seem to add that little bit more punch to the overall image. I know this does go against grain a bit but for the sake of the image it seem to work better.