PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Edinburgh

ChrisW
2nd November 2008, 04:27 PM
I recently took the plunge and bought an E520 with the kit 14-42 and 70-300 lenses. After using a Fuji A370 for the past couple of years it makes a pleasant change to have a camera which is a wee bit more flexible.

Looking forward relearning all that I have forgotten from the good old days with my 35mm Lomo Cosmic Symbol and Fujica cameras, Gnome enlarger, Patterson developing gear and Ilford FP4.

All I need to do now is sort out some dryer weather.
Cheers
Chris

Barr1e
2nd November 2008, 04:34 PM
Hi ChrisW -

Welcome to one of the friendliest camera sites.

Regards. Barr1e

Rod Souter
2nd November 2008, 05:03 PM
Hi Chris,

Welcome*chr*chr, when you sort out some drier weather please post the workflow to achieve this elusive effect.:D:D:D:D

Rod

StephenL
2nd November 2008, 05:30 PM
Hi Chris and welcome. I'm from just outside Edinburgh. Are you in the city?

petrovich
2nd November 2008, 06:42 PM
Welcome Chris....

Regards

ChrisW
2nd November 2008, 07:02 PM
Many thanks for all the welcomes

Stephen
I'm in the north side of Edinburgh, near the Botanical Gardens. Originally from Loanhead, which side of Edinburgh are you on?

StephenL
2nd November 2008, 07:08 PM
Although a Lancastrian, I live at Gosford, between Longniddry and Aberlady on the east side.

I'm in the north side of Edinburgh, near the Botanical Gardens. Originally from Loanhead, which side of Edinburgh are you on?

ChrisW
2nd November 2008, 07:14 PM
A nice part of the world. I was supposed to be in Aberlady a couple of weeks ago to try my hand at sunset and midget submarine photos - very low cloud and rain put paid to that!

ChrisW
2nd November 2008, 09:58 PM
I have added a few of my photos to the gallery. To be honest I am not entirely sure if I went about processing the photos correctly before I uploaded them.

The method I used was to open the files in Photoshop, cropped them to 800 pixels by 533 pixels at 75 pixels per inch, and finally saved them as jpg’s.

Is this the correct method?

gno
2nd November 2008, 10:14 PM
They all look fine to me some stunning shots Chris.

Regards

Gavin

StephenL
3rd November 2008, 08:19 AM
There's b*** all left of the submarines - just a couple of hunks of rusty iron!

I was supposed to be in Aberlady a couple of weeks ago to try my hand at sunset and midget submarine photos - very low cloud and rain put paid to that!

Ian
3rd November 2008, 10:50 AM
Chris, welcome!

And what a great set of images to get your gallery started - most impressive. :)

Keep it up and do spread the word!

Ian

Ellie
3rd November 2008, 03:04 PM
http://www.chins-n-quills.com/forums/images/smilies/hello3.gif

Hi Chris, nice to meet you :)

ChrisW
5th November 2008, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the welcomes – more photos added to my gallery, and one photo submitted to the ‘Looking for perfection’ board.