PDA

View Full Version : Central London E-3 stockists

StephenL
28th October 2008, 09:43 AM
Is there a camera shop in central London which is likely to have an E-3 body at a good price?

We (me and SWMBO) are going down to London for a couple of days sightseeing in early December, and I want a central London camera shop which we may just chance on when out strolling, that I can casually enter and see an E-3. If I can persuade SWMBO that it's a good price....

andym
28th October 2008, 09:55 AM
Stephen

You can try Camera World which is in Wells Street that runs off of Oxford Street between Tottenham Court Rd and Oxford Circus.

They are listing the E3 for 949.00.

Dont know if they have it in the shop to try but they alway seem to have more Oly gear than most shops..

Ps If you try you'll be hooked just by the viewfinder alone.

andym
28th October 2008, 10:10 AM
LCE also list it at 949.00

They have a shop in the Strand.

CaptainD
28th October 2008, 10:20 AM
Dear Stephen,

Would north west London (Watford) help? SRS currently list the E-3 body at 929.00;

http://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/26/Olympus-E3-Digital-SLR-Body.html

Cheers

Chris *chr

StephenL
28th October 2008, 10:20 AM
Thanks Andy. That is the main reason for me considering the E-3. IMO the E-520 gives images very very close to the E-3, but the 'finder is too small for comfort.

Ps If you try you'll be hooked just by the viewfinder alone.

StephenL
28th October 2008, 10:22 AM
Thanks Chris, but I think SWMBO will be suspicious of a stroll round the shops of Watford from our base off Tottenham Court Road!

Dear Stephen,

Would north west London (Watford) help? SRS currently list the E-3 body at 929.00;

http://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/26/Olympus-E3-Digital-SLR-Body.html

Cheers

Chris *chr

CaptainD
28th October 2008, 10:35 AM
Dear Stephen,

Ah, good point, I dare say that would be stretching things a bit, even for a city lunch!

I must say I have always found the LCE guys in the Strand to be very nice and chatty. They have a nice glass display at the back of the shop that has second-hand Olympus gear in. Always worth a look, they are flexible on price too. I was in the shop this year and they (I) almost talked me into a second-hand ring flash outfit.

Cheers

Chris *chr

photo_owl
28th October 2008, 11:47 AM
Dear Stephen,

Ah, good point, I dare say that would be stretching things a bit, even for a city lunch!

I must say I have always found the LCE guys in the Strand to be very nice and chatty. They have a nice glass display at the back of the shop that has second-hand Olympus gear in. Always worth a look, they are flexible on price too. I was in the shop this year and they (I) almost talked me into a second-hand ring flash outfit.

Cheers

Chris *chr

pity they failed - cost me a lot of money when I walked in........... :)

another vote for LCE...

you also have Jakobs opposite Jessops on New Oxford Street which will be very close to your base - not sure on their stock position or current price though (949 seems to be the mark at the moment).

worth calling LCE and checking they have an E3 in stock - they will get one in 24hrs from another store if they haven't.

gphemy
28th October 2008, 02:44 PM
Thanks Chris, but I think SWMBO will be suspicious of a stroll round the shops of Watford from our base off Tottenham Court Road!

That strongly suggests you need to visit CameraWorld, which is very close to TCR end of Oxford Street. I was certainly happy with their performance when I bought a "used" model from them. It was actually a case of buyer's remorse, which must have cost the original buyer dearly.

Gwyver
28th October 2008, 05:48 PM
another vote for LCE - especially if they are as good as LCE Manchester branch.
I first encountered them during their Olympus demo day last April and got a super deal on an EC14. I was so chuffed I went back the next day and did a p/x which led to me becoming the very happy owner of a 50~200SWD just in time for my holiday to Northumberland and the Farne Islands.

StephenL
30th October 2008, 06:30 PM
Panic over! Just been into Edinburgh and happened to stroll into Jessops in Shandwick Place, where they had a couple of E-3s AND knowledgeable, friendly staff (one of whom knows of this forum!). To cut a long story short, I got an E-3 body at a very reasonable price. Now I'm awaiting the free flashgun!

CaptainD
30th October 2008, 06:38 PM
Dear Stephen,

Good result, I am pleased for you, I look forward to seeing your E-3 images.

Cheers

Chris *chr

andym
30th October 2008, 07:12 PM
And I thought you were cutting down on weight:D

No you can't have the 7-14 back;)

Seriously though your going to love it!

Well done.

What did SWMBO think??

StephenL
31st October 2008, 07:56 AM
She just rolled her eyes and sighed. ;)