PDA

View Full Version : E-1,E-3 & E-400 Noise comparison

THP123
16th December 2007, 10:14 AM
Hi all,
I found this on another site thought you may be interested.

http://photocamel.com/forum/blogs/paul-shields/38-e-3-noise-control-compared-e-1-e-400.html.

Apologies if it has been posted before.

Thanks Tom

Paulpp
16th December 2007, 12:29 PM
Interesting comparison. What do others feel about dialing in -3 exposure as a permanent feature?

Paul Shields
16th December 2007, 08:22 PM
Hi guys. I hope you found my blog entry useful. It's not in any way a definitive review of the various cameras, but I think it does tell a tale.

As for dialing in -ve exposure - I tend to do this anyway on my E-1 and 5D. It's easier to recover highlights than reducing them due to over exposure. The jury's still out for me about how to ideally set up the E-3 though. I think this camera will require a bit more forethought with regards to auto exposure - which is not necessarily a bad thing I guess :).

Scapula Memory
16th December 2007, 08:32 PM
I found that an interesting read being an E1 user. I do not personally dial in a minus exposure by default, but it has given me something to think about after reading your comments.

Cheers Paul

John.

rich s
16th December 2007, 08:46 PM
Interesting comparison. What do others feel about dialing in -3 exposure as a permanent feature?

I do that as a starting point on all my cams - then adjust up or down according to the subject tonal range etc.

Ian
17th December 2007, 08:53 AM
You can of course use the highlight retention metering mode in the E-3, though this may only work with spot mode.

Ian