PDA

View Full Version : Saw new mid range Olympus DSLR

dennisg
26th October 2008, 01:25 AM
To All,

I was able to view, but not touch and paly with, the new mid level DSLR that will be between the E520 and the E-3 (it was locked up in a glass case). It is sized somewhat a little larger than the E520 and it has an LCD screen on top of the camera so that you can see setting there instead of where they usually are on the main LCD scren on the back of the camera. It is not water proofed like the E-3, but shares the 11 point focusing capabilty of the E-3. I think the burst rate is 5 frames per second.

More than that, the reps from Olympus would not tell me. So we need to wait for the first or second quarter of 2009 to actually see one in the markertplace. So stay tuned!

Dennis G;)

Barr1e
26th October 2008, 05:20 PM
*chr

Regards. Barr1e

Ellie
26th October 2008, 07:13 PM
Thanks for that *chr

It is not water proofed like the E-3
What a pity.

Ian
26th October 2008, 07:23 PM
Thanks for that *chr

What a pity.

Let's just wait for the real info to be published...

Ian

blu-by-u
27th October 2008, 02:29 AM
Heard somethings also..everything the E-3 except for 3 things.. Sensor will be the newest, it will not be weather sealed and there is scenes modes!!!

Ian
27th October 2008, 10:13 AM
Heard somethings also..everything the E-3 except for 3 things.. Sensor will be the newest, it will not be weather sealed and there is scenes modes!!!

This is just my point; I'd heard that it will have some weather sealing, so who is right? Nobody really knows, so maybe we should think carefully about speculating?

Ian

DekHog
27th October 2008, 12:37 PM
Isn't speculating half the fun of it all?? :D :D

Ian
27th October 2008, 01:02 PM
Isn't speculating half the fun of it all?? :D :D

Speculation is all very well, but Ellie, for example, seemed to take someone's speculation rather to heart. I like to hear what people want to see or expect from the new camera, but let's not take anyone's speculation too seriously (or present speculation as pseudo fact!)

Ian

Ellie
27th October 2008, 11:19 PM
Kind of you to say so Ian, I know you know what I'm really hoping for from this new camera so I'll just keep my fingers crossed it's got at least one of these features, because then I might try to get enough money together to buy it. I'm only one person though, and I'm sure other people are hoping for other things to be included in this new camera.

I must say though, I'm a bit bemused that some people have managed to see the actual pre-release already, especially if it isn't going to be in the shops until this time next year. Surely in that time a lot of things can change?

dennisg
28th October 2008, 12:47 AM
Yes they did have one locked up in an aquarium type case! From just a cursurary view, it looked like a cross between the E-3 and the E-520. From a far, it looked like an E520. Nevertheless, this conversation will be just that, speculation. So stay tuned for the next thrilli packed episode of "What is it?"

Dennis G:eek:

KEITHBD
28th October 2008, 05:53 AM
I for one will be most disappointed if the viewfinder does not have the size and magnification of the E-3. I have difficulty reading the display on my E-510 So I hope that what is mentioned in DP Review is not true.
See - http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1022&message=29817369 ["Tweener" due out in January]