PDA

View Full Version : Sequential Shooting on Permanently

Swallow
11th August 2014, 11:49 AM
Had my M10 for less than a week now and am very pleased with it. However, for some reason it is stuck permanently in High speed sequential shooting. The option to select L or self-timer is simply not available in the control panel.

I guess I could reset the camera back to the defaults but that would not tell me what I have done wrong to put it in this state.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Swallow
11th August 2014, 01:01 PM
OK, got bored (low threshold) so did a basic reset of the camera and now everything is hunky-dory. No idea how I messed it up but no doubt this won't be the first time!

Ross the fiddler
11th August 2014, 01:40 PM
That's good to hear. I scratched my head & couldn't think of what you might have done to get it in that state. BTW, do you use the 4 way keys as direct function keys? That' s my preference for both the E-M5 (where it's most needed) & the E-M1 of which the down arrow/key is DriveMode select.

Swallow
11th August 2014, 02:51 PM
No, haven't tried that. Only managed to work out how to manually focus it today! Still slowly working through the manual. Have managed to get it to link to my 'phone, which was pretty easy. Not sure that is a feature I will use very often but nice to know it is there.

Just being playing with the 14-42 kit lens (not the pancake one) but might get a macro lens or a telephoto later. I live near the coast so I need to get out and just start taking pictures, lots of potential around here, including Dartmoor.

Swallow
16th August 2014, 10:49 AM
Discovered the cause of the problem yesterday by accident. I wanted to try some HDR shots so I selected this in the menu and then noticed the shutter showed "Hi" and no other option was available. This was exactly what I had first observed so I guess I had somehow switched it into HDR mode when fiddling with it.

I think this is known in technical circles as "finger trouble".