PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Bought the 45mm Lens

jamaljan
24th June 2014, 04:52 PM
hi..

I bought the 45mm lens around 2 weeks back but couldn't get the chance to play with it. While using it today, I noticed something strange (or maybe I'm doing something wrong?) that when I take pictures in Shutter priority, it takes time - quite some time when compared to taking pictures in automatic-mode where I can in the same amount of time take multiple pictures...

Any idea what I might be doing wrong...?

PS. I bought the lens for 210usd :D

pault
24th June 2014, 05:09 PM
Have u got time delay set for when u trip shutter?

jamaljan
24th June 2014, 06:33 PM
Have u got time delay set for when u trip shutter?

no idea...but will check it..if I can't find it in the menu... :D

PeterBirder
24th June 2014, 07:44 PM
What shutter speed/ISO sensitivity are you using and what light levels are you trying to shoot in?

StephenL
25th June 2014, 06:45 AM
hi..

I bought the 45mm lens around 2 weeks back but couldn't get the chance to play with it. While using it today, I noticed something strange (or maybe I'm doing something wrong?) that when I take pictures in Shutter priority, it takes time - quite some time when compared to taking pictures in automatic-mode where I can in the same amount of time take multiple pictures...

Any idea what I might be doing wrong...?

PS. I bought the lens for 210usd :D
We find it very difficult to help or see your problem if you can't or won't include a picture with intact exif we can examine and pontificate over. :)

jamaljan
26th June 2014, 08:52 AM
What shutter speed/ISO sensitivity are you using and what light levels are you trying to shoot in?

ISO was auto, I checked that the f point was high (more than 1.8) and that was creating the problem...

Now when I've tried it in 1.8 200+, its ok. (i don't really know what's the value beside 1.8 which can be changed as well...)

jamaljan
26th June 2014, 08:54 AM
We find it very difficult to help or see your problem if you can't or won't include a picture with intact exif we can examine and pontificate over. :)

true but I don't think this thread is concerned with the picture but the method. But nevertheless I understand your point. I don't post family pics online. Will get some regular pictures next time and post them... :)