PDA

View Full Version : Dont try this at home

philjay
18th June 2014, 09:38 AM
Set up a table with background cloth the other day to take some close up shots of jewellery with my 1 week old Em10.
Left the camera on the table for 2 minutes. Heard a loud thump and rushed back to find the camera on the tiled floor with backcloth pulled over it and our cat sitting looking confused next to it. He cannot resist playing with sheets draped over things and pulled the cloth off the table along with the camera.

I was in shock I can tell you. :eek:

On close inspection there is a little dent in the corner of the camera base adjacent to the battery cover but thats it. All functions are working and I was relieved I can tell you.
Testament to the build quality of these cameras. I reckon my Canon 1000d would be in 20 pieces if the same had happened to that.

As for the cat, well he had to wait a little longer for his supper that day

Zuiko
18th June 2014, 03:32 PM
Oh dear, cats are a law unto themselves and have no respect for mere humans and their toys. Thank goodness the damage to your camera was only superficial.

StephenL
18th June 2014, 03:42 PM
Another reason to keep a dog ... :D

Peter_Hartland
18th June 2014, 10:25 PM
Another reason to keep a dog ... :D

Naw he would have chewed it to 20 pieces instead

philjay
19th June 2014, 07:59 AM
Cats are a bit smaller so in theory there should be less damage :)do you reckon?

10 minutes earlier I was photographing a 200 year old Satsuma vase, if it had happened with that the cat would have had to do without more than his supper:)

Iansky
19th June 2014, 08:04 AM
Ouch, glad to hear the camera is ok despite a few cosmetic changes!

Olybirder
19th June 2014, 10:34 AM
10 minutes earlier I was photographing a 200 year old Satsuma vase:)
That's an old vase to keep your oranges in! ;) Glad the damage wasn't too bad Phil.

Ron

shotokan101
19th June 2014, 01:02 PM
Cats are a bit smaller so in theory there should be less damage :)do you reckon?

10 minutes earlier I was photographing a 200 year old Satsuma vase, if it had happened with that the cat would have had to do without more than his supper:)

LOL - if only Gravity cared ;) :D

philjay
21st June 2014, 07:50 PM
The perpetrator, part Maine Coon, sleeps 3/4 of the day then is a right pain for the rest of the time, looking here like butter wouldn't melt in his mouth, keeping an eye on me whilst he naps. Picture taken with the cosmetically modified :) EM 10 trying out the screen at low level and in-camera B+W.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69947839/Olympus%20UK%20E/June14/perp.jpg

shotokan101
21st June 2014, 07:56 PM
Nice shot and very nice moggie :)

Jim