PDA

View Full Version : HELP! How to rotate the screen for self-portraits...

jamaljan
11th June 2014, 09:01 AM
http://cache.olympusamerica.com/static/getolympus/products/epl5/images/ease_of_use.jpg

can someone please tell me how to rotate the screen like this for self-portraits. I've tried it but it doesn't rotate like in the picture and I don't want to break it...

checked on youtube as well but couldn't find any tutorial... :(

OlyPaul
11th June 2014, 10:03 AM
You have to pull the screen away from the body before tilting it all the way over.

jamaljan
11th June 2014, 10:28 AM
Thanks, will try it..

benvendetta
11th June 2014, 11:59 AM
Don't try it with an E-M1 :eek: (not that I have and although at first glance it seems possible, it isn't!)

jamaljan
12th June 2014, 05:22 AM
well, I tried it and the screen is not really good for self-portraits. It doesn't rotate as shown in the picture on Oly site... :(

benvendetta
12th June 2014, 05:55 AM
Well, mine does.

jamaljan
12th June 2014, 07:11 AM
well, mine does.

:(

.................../

Ross the fiddler
12th June 2014, 07:17 AM
well, I tried it and the screen is not really good for self-portraits. It doesn't rotate as shown in the picture on Oly site... :(

It doesn't sound like it rotates but tilts up once it has been tilted from the top out from the body & then it should be able to tilt all the way up (with no EVF attached).

IainMacD
12th June 2014, 07:26 AM
Pull the top of the screen away from the body, pull the bottom upwards (away from the body) and continue the movement until the screen and the frame it is attached to are vertical with the screen facing the same way as the lens.

jamaljan
12th June 2014, 06:04 PM
Pull the top of the screen away from the body, pull the bottom upwards (away from the body) and continue the movement until the screen and the frame it is attached to are vertical with the screen facing the same way as the lens.

tried it, doesn't seem to work for me - i can't take selfies with this camera- which is one of the main reasons I bought this camera.. :mad::(

IainMacD
12th June 2014, 07:29 PM
30 seconds into this video:
Olympus PEN lite e-pl5 - Which? first look - YouTube

The bit I missed earlier was when the screen is just below horizontal, there is still a short part of the framework still recessed, this is hinged and will flip the screen up to almost vertical if you pull it out.

jamaljan
12th June 2014, 07:45 PM
30 seconds into this video:
Olympus PEN lite e-pl5 - Which? first look - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34raEMqPtOE#t=42)

The bit I missed earlier was when the screen is just below horizontal, there is still a short part of the framework still recessed, this is hinged and will flip the screen up to almost vertical if you pull it out.

thanks man, finally did manage to see myself clearly in the screen :D now, am going to take a lot of selfies with my little girl :D*chr

IainMacD
12th June 2014, 07:48 PM
thanks man, finally did manage to see myself clearly in the screen :D now, am going to take a lot of selfies with my little girl :D*chr

No Problem :D*eyebrows

jamaljan
12th June 2014, 08:21 PM
lol...taken around 200+ selfies in a few minutes..:D

Ricoh
12th June 2014, 10:52 PM
Someone somewhere is going to start complaining about the connectivity; although possible to do swivel and rotate, give some thought to how the signal(s) are passed between body and screen. How many actuation do you think Olympus designed for? Probably <10000, but not 10x that number. Just an opinion, that's all.

jamaljan
13th June 2014, 04:01 AM
Someone somewhere is going to start complaining about the connectivity; although possible to do swivel and rotate, give some thought to how the signal(s) are passed between body and screen. How many actuation do you think Olympus designed for? Probably <10000, but not 10x that number. Just an opinion, that's all.

hmm that's Greek to me...english plz... :D

Ricoh
13th June 2014, 06:28 AM
All I'm saying is use the screen when needed, but don't play with it unnecessarily. It's not military hardware!

jamaljan
13th June 2014, 05:51 PM
All I'm saying is use the screen when needed, but don't play with it unnecessarily. It's not military hardware!

lol yes..that's true !