PDA

View Full Version : The last one

wet in washington
17th October 2008, 07:27 PM
This is straight out of the camera. All critique is more than welcome.:rolleyes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/wetinwashington/PA165655.jpg

shirley
17th October 2008, 07:31 PM
That is georgous, I dont know how you have done it but it almost feels like a 3D image. Its sharp where it needs to be and the colour is very good. I love it. Well done.

Graham_of_Rainham
17th October 2008, 07:48 PM
This is really something special, all it needs now is the right crop and mount and you have a real 1st Class Picture.

*chr

gno
17th October 2008, 08:10 PM
Love the sharpness of the bud not so sure about the extraneous foliage. I feel it would be better without the leaves.

Regards

Gavin

Nick Temple-Fry
17th October 2008, 09:05 PM
Nicely caught Rose, lovely and crisp and excellent seperation from the background.

But the background colour is for my taste maybe just too startling, OK at this size but maybe not in a larger print.

Pity it wasn't shot portrait - then we could have got back to the stem branch point which would have tied the stalks back in.

A great shot.

Nick

wet in washington
18th October 2008, 04:49 AM
Thank you all for the feedback. It is well appreciated. Would this one be better?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/wetinwashington/PA165655a-1.jpg

Nick, I'm not sure about your comment on the background being "startling". Could you please elaborate more? Is there something I could have done different?

shirley
18th October 2008, 07:32 AM
Personally I still prefer the first one. I think you have lost the 3D effect I mentioned and it has become a very ordinary rose shot.

Wreckdiver
18th October 2008, 08:35 AM
I prefer it like this.

Steve

shirley
18th October 2008, 08:39 AM
I prefer it like this.

Steve

Yes I like that too. The best of both pics.

jucca
18th October 2008, 09:35 AM
Great capture, great colors and DOF. however I like more croped version of Wreckdiver as it seems more balanced.

Nick Temple-Fry
18th October 2008, 10:49 AM
Nick, I'm not sure about your comment on the background being "startling". Could you please elaborate more? Is there something I could have done different?

Just that my eye was 'hit' by what I see as quite a dominating green colour - I must admit this morning it does not seem so strident - so either I was expecting it or it works better in 'natural' light.

Well - you could play with tones etc - but that might risk the Rose and its stem.

Nick

Ian
18th October 2008, 10:59 AM
The quality reminds me of a colour negative print.

I hope you will start showing some of these in your e-group gallery space :)

Ian

andym
18th October 2008, 04:01 PM
Hi

I like it but I think I would crop it square and try to clone out the bottom leaf.