PDA

View Full Version : 10th E-Group photo-challenge!!! DOF

snaarman
16th October 2008, 09:17 PM
Hi there folks.

OK - here's the 10th e-Group Photo Challenge. Lets try something new. "Depth of field". Shallow or deep, arty or technical, 2D or 3D - interpret that as you like:)

I add a special challenge - owners of Image Stabilised cameras may stand on one leg to take the shot if needed:

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/622/tam90_dof.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/8550)

Same rules as before: The challenge will be open to all members of e-group www site. Pictures should be taken (dated in EXIF) between Saturday the 18th October and midnight Friday 14th November.

Entries to be with me by Midnight on Saturday 15th November with the word Olympus in the email title (an anti spam precaution).

Voting will start in the week of the 17th November.

The rules, as usual, are listed below. Anyone submitting pictures that do not comply with the rules will be informed of this, and will be asked to resubmit the picture in compliance with the rules. If this doesn't happen, I'm afraid the picture will not be included/uploaded for judging.

The Rules

1. Please feel free to submit a picture that matches the nominated theme (in this case – "Depth of Field") that must have been taken between 18th October and 14th November (including both of these dates).

2. You must be the photographer who created the picture in order to enter the challenge, and all entries must be visibly anonymous and should be sent to the challenge organiser. You must indicate (a) your real name and (b) your e-group forum name in the email. Any entries with watermarks or that are not clearly identifiable won't be entered into the challenge. (this makes it easier to organise)

3. Entries to the challenge :- a. Should contain no watermarks, distinguishing effects and no borders
b. Must be jpg format and no more than 800 px on the longest edge
c. Must have been taken on an Olympus E-Series camera
d. Must have all EXIF data included.4. You need to be registered on e-group.uk.net forums to qualify for entry into the challenge.

5. Only one entry permitted per challenge please. But if you want to withdraw an entry or replace it with another that's OK, you must make it clear in an email to the challenge organiser before the closing date, also ensure the email contains clear instructions and (if required) your replacement picture.

6. Pictures to be included in this 10th Challenge must arrive in my inbox before midnight on 15th November. This allows 24 hours for you to process and submit any pictures you may have taken on 14th.

Please send your entries to pete@snaar.co.uk (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/pete@snaar.co.uk) and include the word OLYMPUS in the title. I get loads of spam and have to delete dozens of emails daily :)

Good luck, get stuck in, and have a go - you might win, I did!

Pete

theMusicMan
17th October 2008, 09:33 AM
Brilliant choice of theme for this challenge Pete, let's hope we get a load of entries.

Nice pic there too!! :)

Barr1e
18th October 2008, 03:11 PM
Sorry to bump -

My entry has been sent Pete, be pleased for confirmation. I have added the word Olympus in the email.

Regards. Barr1e

snaarman
18th October 2008, 04:15 PM
Sorry to bump -

My entry has been sent Pete, be pleased for confirmation. I have added the word Olympus in the email.

Regards. Barr1e

TNX. Picture received checked and stored...

Pete

snaarman
27th October 2008, 07:19 PM
Hi there folks.. How are your depth of field shots coming on eh??
Three full weeks left!

Pete

theMusicMan
27th October 2008, 07:44 PM
I have a great idea for this one and have already had a few practice sessions. Hope to get a submission to you within a week or so Pete.

Ellie
27th October 2008, 10:16 PM
I'm still practising too, now all I need is one of those wonderful lenses I was able to use last Saturday ;)

theMusicMan
31st October 2008, 01:38 PM
Hey folks... please don't be offended but can I politely request that if you wish to have a confirmation from the challenge organiser that he/she has received your entry, please could you do so via PM as though certainly the challenges are for a great bit of fun, the challenge entrants are also supposed to be anonymous.

*note to self: I am just as guilty... :)

Many thanks.

snaarman
31st October 2008, 02:35 PM
Aha ... Those who have sent in the growing pile of rather nice images (whoever they may be !!!) will have had an email confirming back from me.

Still need some more of your images - so get those thinking caps on and open up (or stop down) those lenses :)

Pete

blu-by-u
1st November 2008, 04:47 AM
....challenge entrants are also supposed to be anonymous.

*note to self: I am just as guilty... :)

Many thanks.

Ok..post removed. :D

Barr1e
10th November 2008, 09:42 PM
Test.

Regards. Barr1e

snaarman
10th November 2008, 09:50 PM
Test.

Regards. Barr1e

Working
:-)

Pete

Barr1e
15th November 2008, 05:28 PM
Working
:-)

Pete

Thanks Pete. :)

Regards. Barr1e

snaarman
15th November 2008, 06:51 PM
OK folks!

I have uploaded the 16 entries so far (as at 7 pm 15-11) to a Gallery. There are still 5 hours to go for any last minute entries.

I will open a thread for voting tomorrow.. Meanwhile take a sneak preview at the excellent shots on the Gallery.

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/674 (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/../gallery/showgallery.php/cat/674)

If I have mis-titled your entry, PM or email me :-) Good luck with the competition.

Pete

theMusicMan
15th November 2008, 07:31 PM
Holy maloney... what an absolutely fabulous set of images we have for this challenge.

Unbelieveable... well done everyone who has so far entered.