PDA

View Full Version : Lovely red flower

grumpy69
12th October 2008, 06:08 PM
I saw this lovely red flower and had to have ago so how have I done ?? E 520 40-150 lense iso 100 *yes*yes*yes

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq173/grumpy6911/PA120203_01.jpg

yorky
12th October 2008, 06:48 PM
Nice enough picture but it seems a little too vivid to me?

grumpy69
12th October 2008, 07:36 PM
Thanks for your comment yorky, only a little crop was done to this flower *chr

Fluffy
12th October 2008, 08:07 PM
I'm not at all sure what's going on here. But then I'm no expert. It might be the exposure is slightly off. The histogram looks funny, too peaky and concentrated too far towards an end. It may not be exposure at all. I tried 0 saturation (mono) and saw a lot more detail in the leaves than I can see in your shot. Again, I'm not good enough to pull the detail up easily while keeping the vivid reds. I'm sure you'll get some better advice here.

Steve

grumpy69
13th October 2008, 04:43 PM
I'm not at all sure what's going on here. But then I'm no expert. It might be the exposure is slightly off. The histogram looks funny, too peaky and concentrated too far towards an end. It may not be exposure at all. I tried 0 saturation (mono) and saw a lot more detail in the leaves than I can see in your shot. Again, I'm not good enough to pull the detail up easily while keeping the vivid reds. I'm sure you'll get some better advice here.

Steve

Thanks steve, I think I got to excited with my new camera and got this one wrong, but never mind there is next time *chr