PDA

View Full Version : E-3 Question

Barr1e
11th October 2008, 08:25 PM
Hi -

I have been experiencing something on the LCD monitor since the start of using the camera - namely, the strength of brightness when using the monitor halves in seconds. Is this to do with conserving energy or is it a possible problem?

Regards. Barr1e

PeterD
11th October 2008, 08:57 PM
Hi -

I have been experiencing something on the LCD monitor since the start of using the camera - namely, the strength of brightness when using the monitor halves in seconds. Is this to do with conserving energy or is it a possible problem?

Regards. Barr1e

Barrie,

Is this when you are viewing the shooting info on the LCD? If so, yes it does dim after a short while.

Peter

Barr1e
11th October 2008, 09:04 PM
Barrie,

Is this when you are viewing the shooting info on the LCD? If so, yes it does dim after a short while.

Peter

Hi Peter -

No, I was aware of that, thanks. It happens (not all the time) when viewing the images. It is not a problem to me per se but curious as to why it should occur.

Thanks again.
Off to bed now as another early morning beckons as the weather seems set fair here in the south.

Regards. Barr1e

PeterD
11th October 2008, 09:12 PM
Hi Peter -

No, I was aware of that, thanks. It happens (not all the time) when viewing the images. It is not a problem to me per se but curious as to why it should occur.

Thanks again.
Off to bed now as another early morning beckons as the weather seems set fair here in the south.

Regards. Barr1e

Good night and good luck for tomorrow

Peter

Ian
11th October 2008, 09:16 PM
Hi -

Regards. Barr1e

Hi Barr1e, this is possibly brightness sensor in the camera dimming the screen. Check to see if the LCD brightness is set to AUTO.

Ian

Chillimonster
11th October 2008, 09:16 PM
Could it be this (taken from the Wrotniak E-3 Article (http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/43/e3-sett.html))

Monitor Brightness

In addition to setting the display brightness manually, there is also an Auto option here, using a small light receptor near the monitor to measure the ambient light and to adjust the display accordingly. This sounds like a good solution, but I found it a bit distracting: the display reacts to slight changes in camera orientation.

Adjust it to your liking; I'm fine with the default (zero) manual setting.

Chris