PDA

View Full Version : Lee Miller - Farley Farm tour - opportunities

Ian
10th October 2008, 02:16 PM
Many of you will remember that Olympus UK sponsored the Art of Lee Miller photographic exhibition at the V&A in London almost a year ago. I have 15 places on 29th October available for a tour of Farley Farm, the house where photographer Lee Miller and her partner, the painter and biographer of Picasso, Roland Penrose, lived from 1949.

Many famous artists and other figures visited and stayed at Farley Farm and the location is filled with anecdotes that Lee Miller's son, Antony Penrose, will illuminate during his hosting of a tour of the house, on the day.

If you are interested in a place in the tour, please contact (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=3) me here via the forum messaging system.

Places will be distributed on a first come, first served basis.

For more information on Farley Farm, which is just north of Eastbourne in East Sussex, see:

http://www.farleyfarmhouse.co.uk/Information.aspx

Ian

Zuiko
10th October 2008, 05:53 PM
Really good things like this always seem to happen when I can't make it! This time I'm not at work....but will be on a family holiday in Yorkshire. *ohwell

But this is a really fantastic opportunity for those that can make it. Oh, do I envy you! *yes

Enjoy! :)

DTD
10th October 2008, 08:44 PM
Another one I'm going to have to miss but I remember a talk he gave about Lee Miller at the Imperial War Museum North it was very interesting. I'd recommend anyone interested in her work to go.

skyman1
13th October 2008, 05:09 PM
Hi All
Many thanks for the invite but I am afraid i can not make it, waiting for an op when i hope i will be more mobile and get better acquainted with my new (to me) E-1 ,I am still trying it out ,got an adapter OM to 4/3rds and trying my old Vivitar 70-210mm zoom from OM1 quite pleased with the results so far.Hope all who go have a great time.
Best regards
Mick

fulhamphil
13th October 2008, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the invite Ian, but unfortunatly i have to work, would of been an interesting day, thanks again, regards, Phil.

DavidJ1609
14th October 2008, 02:15 AM
Thank you for the invite, but I am currently in China.

I'm sure it will be a wonderful and interesting trip.

DavidJ.

Ian
14th October 2008, 08:34 AM
Sorry to hear that so many can't make it because of other commitments. However, there are still places to be filled if you are interested.

Ian

ajwh
27th October 2008, 08:51 AM
Ian,

For those of us going, can you confirm the timing?

Andrew

Paulpp
27th October 2008, 09:31 AM
Shame as I would love to go and not far from where I live, but have a prior engagement

Ian
27th October 2008, 10:01 AM
Ian,

For those of us going, can you confirm the timing?

Andrew

Hi - you should have been contacted by Olympus with the details.

The tour starts at 2:30PM and if you get there beforehand there will be tea and biscuits served, I'm told.

Numbers are limited because of health and safety regulations, so if you haven't been confirmed, please let me know immediately.

Ian

ajwh
27th October 2008, 04:29 PM
Oly PR did indeed send me the brochure for the museum, but no details of timing!

Andrew