PDA

View Full Version : EPL5 L-Fn button.

Lee
26th March 2014, 08:45 PM
Apologies in advance for what is, I have no doubt, a daft question but I have hit a snag whilst setting up my new EPL5. I am trying to set up the exposure lock facility but the control menu is indicating that this is done by the L-Fn button. So, where is it??!! I can quite clearly see the Fn button but not L-Fn. Is it one of those things buried deep, deep within the menu somewhere? I would like to be able to use it as I tend to use spot metering for accuracy and then to focus accordingly on whatever is required. If it is relevant, I have the kit 14-42 lens.
Many thanks.
Lee.

Invicta
26th March 2014, 08:51 PM
The L in L-Fn indicates it is the lens function button.

Not many of the M.Zuiko lenses have one of these buttons. The 12-40 pro and 12-50 kit lenses do.

Lee
26th March 2014, 09:00 PM
Blimey, that was quick!
Thanks very much for the reply. It would have been easier (for me at least) if the AEL was on a dedicated button, a la EP2 but never mind.
Thanks again.
Lee.

pdk42
26th March 2014, 09:33 PM
You can assign AEL to the big red button on the back (I guess default setup is to use this as the movie record button).

PeterBirder
26th March 2014, 09:38 PM
You can assign the function to any button. See manual p72 Custom Menu "Button/Dial".

Regards.*chr

Lee
26th March 2014, 09:39 PM
Thanks Paul, that sounds like a winner. I'll give it a bash.

Lee
26th March 2014, 09:42 PM
You can assign the function to any button. See manual p72 Custom Menu "Button/Dial".

Regards.*chr

Thanks Peter. I'll try both and see how I get on...

Lee
26th March 2014, 09:55 PM
Gents,
It's worked!!! Thanks very much indeed. I hadn't realized that the function of any button can be changed to, well, any function! But I do now.
You are blessed with a rare talent to decipher instruction manuals.
Thanks again.
Lee.