PDA

View Full Version : Elegance awards?

E-P1 fan
14th December 2007, 09:11 AM
It's struck me that it's a shame there are no awards for elegant and subtle site design.

If there were - this site would be a major contender. It's a real pleasure on the eyes and brain and really eliminates the many distractions caused by basic bad design, crude colour schemes etc seen on most other sites.

And I'm sure it contributes to the nice sense of gravitas without stuffiness that characterises most of the member's postings.

theMusicMan
14th December 2007, 10:45 AM
Nice post E1 Fan, I totally agree. This site is really taking off and though the design/aesthetic must be a contributor, I feel the warm and friendly attitude of all who frequent here is a major factor in how fast the site is growing.

There's already some absolute class images in the gallery, extremely useful postings, and for Ian to be regularly in touch with Olympus - very often on our behalf is also a fantastic benefit.

Scapula Memory
14th December 2007, 12:55 PM
I agree with that as well. The nice thing about this forum is the agenda being Olympus E system dedicated which means it is something for some users rather than trying to be everything to all.

If I could make one change it would some colours, where sometimes it is hard to distinguish the unread blue to the read blue. Maybe its just my eyes, but not a massive problem. Anyway, excellent site and can only get even better.

regards

John.

Barr1e
14th December 2007, 03:59 PM
It's struck me that it's a shame there are no awards for elegant and subtle site design.

If there were - this site would be a major contender. It's a real pleasure on the eyes and brain and really eliminates the many distractions caused by basic bad design, crude colour schemes etc seen on most other sites.

And I'm sure it contributes to the nice sense of gravitas without stuffiness that characterises most of the member's postings.

Count us in on this one too please. We agree with all the comments made.

It is pleasing to see member numbers rising at a fair pace.

I must just add that Anne and I are so pleased to be Olympus users. If the equipment suits us so much there must be many we can convert as we did with one recently.:)

Kind regards. Barr1e

emirpprime
14th December 2007, 07:56 PM
there must be many we can convert as we did with one recently.:)

Good on you both :D

Nothing like swelling ranks, and seeing the light will do the convert good too ;)
Phil

beardedwombat
14th December 2007, 08:04 PM
Site loads quickly, easy to read, no clutter, very friendly and helpful individuals and the most interesting content on the net. It's a winner!

theMusicMan
14th December 2007, 08:20 PM
Site loads quickly, easy to read, no clutter, very friendly and helpful individuals and the most interesting content on the net. It's a winner!Totally agree with that - especially when there's fun involved too... my daughter saw you avatar and asked me... "Dad, what on earth is that...?" :):)

Barr1e
14th December 2007, 08:42 PM
Totally agree with that - especially when there's fun involved too... my daughter saw you avatar and asked me... "Dad, what on earth is that...?" :):)

Hehe that's a big lol.:D (Sorry:()

Regards. Barr1e

beardedwombat
14th December 2007, 08:56 PM
Totally agree with that - especially when there's fun involved too... my daughter saw you avatar and asked me... "Dad, what on earth is that...?" :):)
Well now Heather, and after I was so complimentary about your leaf photo too! I can't help the way I look!:D

Andrew Riddell
14th December 2007, 09:08 PM
Another design advantage which this site has is that it doesn't have to make space for adverts!
Regards,
Andrew