PDA

View Full Version : Busy busy!

Ian
7th March 2014, 09:59 AM
I just want to say thank you to everyone for making the e-group such a busy little site :) This week we have been close to our record of 244 members logging in on one day and we're not far off our record for daily posts and new threads. We now have over 3,200 members, up over 200 since the beginning of October (which doesn't include spam registrations which we delete almost daily) despite fairly minimal active marketing. I will be working to make the e-group more visible on social media. We've also had 200-odd images posted to the gallery so far this week. And after meeting so many of you (estimates range up to 30 members) at the show on Monday I just have to say how rewarding it is that the work done behind the scenes here is genuinely appreciated.

Please don't forget that it's not just myself - Olympus' Mark Thackara provides the finance to keep us going and the mods: Zuiko, StephenL, and TheMusicMan all keep things going smoothly. Their support is invaluable!

More news coming up in the next few days :)

Ian

Wee man
7th March 2014, 10:34 AM
Thanks to the big five. Great site with help, fun, super photographs and not much in the way of argument. The bonus of friends around the world.

snaarman
7th March 2014, 10:47 AM
Absolutely!
You cant beat a friendly forum, and this is one of the best :)

Pete

theMusicMan
7th March 2014, 11:34 AM
Absolutely!

Pete
Over the years I have been a member of many forums, and still run one myself - a brass musicians site - (www.themouthpiece.com), and I can say for sure that this is by far one of the most friendliest forums out there.

sapper
7th March 2014, 11:47 AM
Too true Pete and John, this is the best and although not posting much these days, I still login most days.

peak4
7th March 2014, 12:21 PM
Too true Pete and John, this is the best and although not posting much these days, I still login most days.

Ditto for me too, particularly as I'm struggling with a poorly PC at the moment.
I must say that the folks at Bleepingcomputer.com seem a friendly bunch too; I have an ongoing thread there under the same user name to try and get this cursed thing out of Safe Mode. :o

Mrs T
7th March 2014, 07:21 PM
I like the support and encouragement I get from this site and really appreciate the efforts of those who run it and the input from Mark/Olympus.

I hope it stays a friendly place.

Amanda

Peter_Hartland
7th March 2014, 08:28 PM
Certainly becoming a busy forum & well behaved. Dropped out of a few due to Camera Snobbery or the clicky groups which suddenly take over & your in or out. Much useful info here & leads to other articles & sites.

Good meting up with those I met on Monday.

Rocknroll59
7th March 2014, 09:13 PM
Have to agree with all the comments so far, I joined after finding it on a web search, as I had just bought a 2nd hand E600 after considering other brands, helped slightly by the fact that I had owned an Olympus film camera, well 2 actually, I look most days when I can, was very apprehensive at first to even comment let alone post some pictures, but I find the comments and help have been invaluable.
Having made the decision to visit the show on Monday it was so nice meeting everyone albeit for a brief time, i'll continue to enjoy the pictures, help and banter long may it continue...

Cheers

Peter:)

Phill D
7th March 2014, 09:26 PM
More agreement from me. I log in here most days just after checking my email. The friendly help is invaluable and the inspiration from the images posted a constant reminder that I must be able to do better. Just the encouragement I need. One day I'll learn some proper post processing techniques and this is where I'll come for help along the way. This site is an invaluable asset to every Olympus camera sold.

Bruce Clarke
8th March 2014, 12:43 AM
I come here regularly when I get fed up with the nutters and trolls on DPR as it is like a Zen garden in comparison. Thanks to Ian, Mark and the mods for keeping it going in such a civilised manner, and to all for their contributions. It's also the only place I actually enjoy selling gear!

David M
8th March 2014, 01:25 AM
Having been hanging around photo forums since the 90's this is the only one I've passed a thousand posts on.

Ross the fiddler
8th March 2014, 01:49 AM
This has certainly been a great forum to be a part of & really appreciate all that is done here.

Over the years I have been a member of many forums, and still run one myself - a brass musicians site - (www.themouthpiece.com), and I can say for sure that this is by far one of the most friendliest forums out there.

John, this comes to mind with the above, with Strauss' advice to conductors: "Don't look at the brass; it only encourages them." The strings (violins divided), need it be said, are a marvel. :D Quoted from here (http://www.sfgate.com/music/article/A-Rich-Feast-of-Strauss-Tone-Poems-Dresden-2961113.php).

wanderer
8th March 2014, 12:47 PM
Oh Ian, you missed out thanking somebody very important.*yes*yes
Julia. I would like to thank her for her patience and help with the lens hire.

sponner
8th March 2014, 07:03 PM
another vote of thanks.

Iiyama
8th March 2014, 07:22 PM
Absolutely!

Pete

Perfectly said.

StephenL
8th March 2014, 10:24 PM
I think what helps is the encouragement of good British humour, and the people who understand it! And people who don't take things too seriously.