PDA

View Full Version : O.I. Share, Android vs Apple

pvasc
5th March 2014, 03:20 PM
I have the app on both systems. The Apple app is much smoother, much better frame rate. I only noticed this after showing the WiFi to some one at TPS and saw the dreadful frame rate. The reps at the Oly stand lead me to believe it was interference at the show. But nothing changed when I got home, so I tried the iPod and it was smooth as butter. Both the Android phone, and the iPod have similar processors, 1ghz. Actually it ran smoother on the iPod than my Asus HD 7 tablet. Anybody else notice this?

StephenL
5th March 2014, 03:40 PM
I've not used it in anger, but my limited experience concurs with yours. Mind you, my Android tablet is a couple-of-years-ol Samsung Galaxy Tab 7. I think Android has improved since then.

photo_owl
5th March 2014, 04:39 PM
Actually it ran smoother on the iPod than my Asus HD 7 tablet.

the device and operating system version (combined) will have more of an effect than Android v Apple

you can't separate processor from screen structure, memory and resolution either

Bruce Clarke
5th March 2014, 05:52 PM
I have the app on both systems. The Apple app is much smoother, much better frame rate. I only noticed this after showing the WiFi to some one at TPS and saw the dreadful frame rate. The reps at the Oly stand lead me to believe it was interference at the show. But nothing changed when I got home, so I tried the iPod and it was smooth as butter. Both the Android phone, and the iPod have similar processors, 1ghz. Actually it ran smoother on the iPod than my Asus HD 7 tablet. Anybody else notice this?

Have you tried both settings under Remote Control live view priority on Android? There's one for quality and one for speed.

pvasc
5th March 2014, 06:54 PM
Have you tried both settings under Remote Control live view priority on Android? There's one for quality and one for speed.

No I haven't, I didn't know that, I'll have a look....both speed priority.